Measuring the impact of competition in local government education markets on the cognitive achievement of students
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 16 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Borland, Melvin V. & Howsen, Roy M., 1993. "On the determination of the critical level of market concentration in education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 165-169, June.
- Schmidt, Amy B & Kenny, Lawrence W & Morton, Rebecca B, 1996. "Evidence on Electoral Accountability in the U.S. Senate: Are Unfaithful Agents Really Punished?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 545-67, July.
- Sam Peltzman, 1988.
"How Efficient Is the Voting Market?,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
53, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Kenny, Lawrence W., 1982. "Economies of scale in schooling," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Do Private Schools Provide Competition for Public Schools?," NBER Working Papers 4978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric A. Hanushek, 1979. "Conceptual and Empirical Issues in the Estimation of Educational Production Functions," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 351-388.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000.
"Does Competition among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1209-1238, December.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Does Competition Among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?," NBER Working Papers 4979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oliver Himmler, 2009. "The Effects of School Competition on Academic Achievement and Grading Standards," CESifo Working Paper Series 2676, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marlow, Michael L., 1999. "Spending, school structure, and public education quality. Evidence from California," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 89-106, February.
- Nick Adnett & Spiros Bougheas & Peter Davies, .
"Market-Based Reforms of Public Schooling: Some Unpleasant Dynamics,"
994, Staffordshire University, Business School.
- Adnett, Nick & Bougheas, Spiros & Davies, Peter, 2002. "Market-based reforms of public schooling: some unpleasant dynamics," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 323-330, August.
- Ghosh, Soma, 2010. "Strategic interaction among public school districts: Evidence on spatial interdependence in school inputs," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 440-450, June.
- Soma Ghosh, 2013. "Participation in school choice: a spatial probit analysis of neighborhood influence," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 295-313, February.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Rangaprasad, Vasudha, 2007.
"Strategic competition amongst public schools,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 199-219, March.
- Daniel Millimet; Vasudha Rangaprasad, 2004. "Strategic Competition Amongst Public Schools," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 197, Econometric Society.
- Brasington, D. M., 2003. "The supply of public school quality," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 367-377, August.
- Lawrence Kenny, 2005. "The public choice of educational choice," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 124(1), pages 205-222, July.
- David M. Brasington, . "Public and Private School Competition: The Spatial Education Production Function," Departmental Working Papers 2005-09, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Collier, Trevor, 2008. "Efficiency in public schools: Does competition matter?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 134-157, July.
- David Brasington, 2002. "Differences in the Production of Education Across Regions and Urban and Rural Areas," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 137-145.
- Pablo Gonz�lez, 2002. "Lecciones de la investigaci�n econ�mica sobre el rol del sector privado en educaci�n," Documentos de Trabajo 117, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Fox, William F. & Gurley, Tami, 2006. "Will consolidation improve sub-national governments ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3913, The World Bank.
- Grosskopf, Shawna & Hayes, Kathy J. & Taylor, Lori L. & Weber, William L., 2001. "On the Determinants of School District Efficiency: Competition and Monitoring," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 453-478, May.
- Martin, Stephanie M., 2010. "The determinants of school district salary incentives: An empirical analysis of, where and why," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1143-1153, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.