Economics of education: A research agenda
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Economics of Education Review.
Volume (Year): 15 (1996)
Issue (Month): 4 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Arrow, Kenneth J., 1973. "Higher education as a filter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 193-216, July.
- Joshua Angrist & Alan Krueger, 1990.
"Does Compulsory School Attendance Affect Schooling and Earnings?,"
653, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Angrist, Joshua D & Krueger, Alan B, 1991. "Does Compulsory School Attendance Affect Schooling and Earnings?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 106(4), pages 979-1014, November.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Alan B. Krueger, 1990. "Does Compulsory School Attendance Affect Schooling and Earnings?," NBER Working Papers 3572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Azariadis, Costas & Drazen, Allan, 1990. "Threshold Externalities in Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(2), pages 501-26, May.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Zvi Griliches, 1970. "Notes on the Role of Education in Production Functions and Growth Accounting," NBER Chapters, in: Education, Income, and Human Capital, pages 71-128 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ono, Hiroshi, 2007.
"Does examination hell pay off ? A cost-benefit analysis of "ronin" and college education in Japan,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 271-284, June.
- Ono, Hiroshi, 1999. "Does Examination Hell Pay Off? A Cost-Benefit Analysis of "Ronin" and College Education in Japan," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 346, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 22 Aug 2000.
- Juan A. Rojas, 2004.
"On the Interaction between Education and Social Security,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 7(4), pages 932-957, October.
- Juan A. Rojas, 2003. "On The Interaction Between Education And Social Security," Economics Working Papers we033511, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Jones, Frank, 1995. "Capital humain et emploi du temps," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 1995079f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Bailly, Franck, 2008. "The role of employers' beliefs in the evaluation of educational output," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 959-968, June.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:9:y:2005:i:4:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. C. Navarro-Perez & J. M. Serrano-Sanz, 2002. "Evaluating Educational Output: An Estimation Method Based on Cross-Section Data," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 71-95.
- Hoenack, Stephen A., 1996. "The economics of education in developing countries: An assessment of the state of the art," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 327-338, October.
- Joana Costa & Aurora A. C. Teixeira, 2005. "Universities as sources of knowledge for innovation.The case of Technology Intensive Firms in Portugal," FEP Working Papers 181, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Aurora Amélia Castro Teixeira & Pedro Cosme Vieira, 2004. "Is Portuguese regional growth schumpeterian? An empirical assessment of the relation between schooling, firm destruction and firm productivity," ERSA conference papers ersa04p134, European Regional Science Association.
- Martin Gustafsson & Stephen Taylor, 2013. "Treating schools to a new administration. The impact of South Africa’s 2005 provincial boundary changes on school performance," Working Papers 28/2013, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Blázquez, Maite & Ramos, Jose, 2007. "Disparidades entre Educación Formal y Educación en el Puesto de Trabajo," Working Papers in Economic Theory 2007/10, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Jones, Frank, 1995. "Human Capital and the Use of Time," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1995079e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Lanzi, Diego, 2007. "Capabilities, human capital and education," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 424-435, June.
- Aurora Teixeira, 2003. "Does Inertia Pay Off? Empirical assessment of an evolutionary-ecological model of human capital decisions at firm level," FEP Working Papers 124, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Luisa Rosti & Chikara Yamaguchi & Carolina Castagnetti, 2005. "Educational Performance as Signalling Device: Evidence from Italy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(4), pages 1-7.
- Wolter, Stefan C. & Zbinden, André, 2001. "Rates of Return to Education: The View of Students in Switzerland," IZA Discussion Papers 371, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.