Determining the optimal dimensionality of multivariate volatility models with tools from random matrix theory
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 32 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Engle, Robert F. & Ng, Victor K. & Rothschild, Michael, 1990.
"Asset pricing with a factor-arch covariance structure : Empirical estimates for treasury bills,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 213-237.
- Robert F. Engle & Victor Ng & Michael Rothschild, 1988. "Asset Pricing with a Factor Arch Covariance Structure: Empirical Estimates for Treasury Bills," NBER Technical Working Papers 0065, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pafka, Szilárd & Kondor, Imre, 2004. "Estimated correlation matrices and portfolio optimization," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 343(C), pages 623-634.
- Szilard Pafka & Imre Kondor, 2002. "Noisy Covariance Matrices and Portfolio Optimization II," Papers cond-mat/0205119, arXiv.org, revised May 2002.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-31, February.
- Y. K. Tse & Albert K. C. Tsui, 2000.
"A Multivariate GARCH Model with Time-Varying correlations,"
- Y.K. Tse & Albert K.C. Tsui, 2000. "A Multivariate GARCH Model with Time-Varying Correlations," Econometrics 0004007, EconWPA.
- Yiu Kuen Tse & Albert K. C. Tsui, 2000. "A Multivariate GARCH Model with Time-Varying Correlations," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0250, Econometric Society.
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 122-150, February.
- Robert F. Engle & Kevin Sheppard, 2001.
"Theoretical and Empirical properties of Dynamic Conditional Correlation Multivariate GARCH,"
NBER Working Papers
8554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engle, Robert F & Sheppard, Kevin K, 2001. "Theoretical and Empirical Properties of Dynamic Conditional Correlation Multivariate GARCH," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt5s2218dp, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Pafka, Szilárd & Kondor, Imre, 2003. "Noisy covariance matrices and portfolio optimization II," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 319(C), pages 487-494.
- Laurent Laloux & Pierre Cizeau & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Potters, 1999. "Random matrix theory and financial correlations," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500053, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Drożdż, S & Grümmer, F & Górski, A.Z & Ruf, F & Speth, J, 2000. "Dynamics of competition between collectivity and noise in the stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 287(3), pages 440-449.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.