Temporal Aggregation Of Univariate And Multivariate Time Series Models: A Survey
AbstractWe present a unified and up-to-date overview of temporal aggregation techniques for univariate and multivariate time series models explaining in detail, although intuitively, the technical machinery behind the results. Some empirical applications illustrate the main issues. Copyright � 2008 The Authors. Journal compilation � 2008 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Economic Surveys.
Volume (Year): 22 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (07)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0950-0804
Other versions of this item:
- Andrea Silvestrini & David Veredas, 2008. "Temporal aggregation of univariate and multivariate time series models: a survey," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/136205, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Andrea Silvestrini & David Veredas, 2008. "Temporal aggregation of univariate and multivariate time series models: A survey," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 685, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ramirez, Octavio A., 2012. "Conclusive Evidence on the Benefits of Temporal Disaggregation to Improve the Precision of Time Series Model Forecasts," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 123470, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hassler, Uwe, 2011.
"Estimation of fractional integration under temporal aggregation,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 162(2), pages 240-247, June.
- Uwe Hassler, 2011. "Estimation of fractional integration under temporal aggregation," Post-Print peer-00815563, HAL.
- Götz Thomas & Hecq Alain & Urbain Jean-Pierre, 2012. "Forecasting Mixed Frequency Time Series with ECM-MIDAS Models," Research Memoranda 012, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Hui Jun ZHANG & Jean-Marie DUFOUR & John W. GALBRAITH, 2013. "Exchange Rates and Commodity Prices : Measuring Causality at Multiple Horizons," Cahiers de recherche 14-2013, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Qian, Hang, 2013. "Vector Autoregression with Mixed Frequency Data," MPRA Paper 47856, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ramirez, Octavio A., 2011. "Conclusive Evidence on the Benefits of Temporal Disaggregation to Improve the Precision of Time Series Model Forecasts," Faculty Series 113520, University of Georgia, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Helmut Lütkepohl, 2010.
"Forecasting Aggregated Time Series Variables: A Survey,"
OECD Journal: Journal of Business Cycle Measurement and Analysis,
OECD Publishing,CIRET, vol. 2010(2), pages 1-26.
- Helmut Luetkepohl, 2009. "Forecasting Aggregated Time Series Variables: A Survey," Economics Working Papers ECO2009/17, European University Institute.
- Giacomo Sbrana & Andrea Silvestrini, 2012. "Temporal aggregation of cyclical models with business cycle applications," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 93-107, March.
- Steven Clark & T. Coggin, 2011. "Are U.S. stock prices mean reverting? Some new tests using fractional integration models with overlapping data and structural breaks," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 373-391, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.