American option pricing under GARCH by a Markov chain approximation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control.
Volume (Year): 25 (2001)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Barraquand, Jérôme & Martineau, Didier, 1995. "Numerical Valuation of High Dimensional Multivariate American Securities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(03), pages 383-405, September.
- Jin-Chuan Duan, 1995. "The Garch Option Pricing Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 13-32.
- Kaushik Amin & Ajay Khanna, 1994. "Convergence Of American Option Values From Discrete- To Continuous-Time Financial Models," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(4), pages 289-304.
- Nelson, Daniel B., 1990. "ARCH models as diffusion approximations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 7-38.
- Peter Ritchken & Rob Trevor, 1999. "Pricing Options under Generalized GARCH and Stochastic Volatility Processes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 377-402, 02.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Duan, Jin-Chuan, 1997. "Augmented GARCH (p,q) process and its diffusion limit," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 97-127, July.
- Paul Zipkin, 1993. "Mortgages and Markov Chains: A Simplified Evaluation Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(6), pages 683-691, June.
- Heynen, Ronald & Kemna, Angelien & Vorst, Ton, 1994. "Analysis of the Term Structure of Implied Volatilities," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 29(01), pages 31-56, March.
- Jan Kallsen & Murad S. Taqqu, 1998. "Option Pricing in ARCH-type Models," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 13-26.
- Broadie, Mark & Detemple, Jerome, 1996. "American Option Valuation: New Bounds, Approximations, and a Comparison of Existing Methods," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(4), pages 1211-50.
- Steven L. Heston & Saikat Nandi, 1997. "A closed-form GARCH option pricing model," Working Paper 97-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Wong, Hoi Ying & Guan, Peiqiu, 2011. "An FFT-network for Lévy option pricing," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 988-999, April.
- Dietmar Leisen, 2004. "Mixed Lognormal Distributions for Derivatives Pricing and Risk-Management," Computing in Economics and Finance 2004 48, Society for Computational Economics.
- Leisen, Dietmar P.J., . "Stock Evolution under Stochastic Volatility: A Discrete Approach," Discussion Paper Serie B 407, University of Bonn, Germany, revised May 1999.
- Duan, Jin-Chuan & Wei, Jason, 2005. "Executive stock options and incentive effects due to systematic risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1185-1211, May.
- Peter Christoffersen & Kris Jacobs & Chayawat Ornthanalai, 2012. "GARCH Option Valuation: Theory and Evidence," CREATES Research Papers 2012-50, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Fulop, Andras, 2006. "Feedback Effects of Rating Downgrades," ESSEC Working Papers DR 06016, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Alejandro Bernales & Massimo Guidolin, 2012. "Can We Forecast the Implied Volatility Surface Dynamics of Equity Options? Predictability and Economic Value Tests," Working Papers 456, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Jin-Chuan Duan & Evan Dudley & Geneviève Gauthier & Jean-Guy Simonato, 1999. "Pricing Discretely Monitored Barrier Options by a Markov Chain," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-15, CIRANO.
- Lars Stentoft, 2011. "What we can learn from pricing 139,879 Individual Stock Options," CREATES Research Papers 2011-52, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Stentoft, Lars, 2005. "Pricing American options when the underlying asset follows GARCH processes," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 576-611, September.
- Chang, Chuang-Chang & Lin, Jun-Biao, 2010. "The valuation of contingent claims using alternative numerical methods," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 490-508, December.
- Len, Angel & Vaello-Sebasti, Antoni, 2009. "American GARCH employee stock option valuation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1129-1143, June.
- Simonato, Jean-Guy, 2011. "Computing American option prices in the lognormal jump–diffusion framework with a Markov chain," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 220-226.
- Duan, Jin-Chuan & Zhang, Hua, 2001. "Pricing Hang Seng Index options around the Asian financial crisis - A GARCH approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 1989-2014, November.
- Chun-Chou Wu, 2006. "The GARCH Option Pricing Model: A Modification of Lattice Approach," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 55-66, February.
- N. Vijayamohanan Pillai, 2004. "Causality and error correction in Markov chain: Inflation in India revisited," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 366, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Jussi Keppo & Lones Smith & Dmitry Davydov, 2006. "Optimal Electoral Timing: Exercise Wisely and You May Live Longer," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1565, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jin-Chuan Duan & Genevieve Gauthier & Caroline Sasseville & Jean-Guy Simonato, 2002. "Seize the Moments: Approximating American Option Prices in the GARCH Framework," Finance 0206005, EconWPA.
- Lars Stentoft, 2008.
"American Option Pricing using GARCH models and the Normal Inverse Gaussian distribution,"
CREATES Research Papers
2008-41, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Lars Stentoft, 2008. "American Option Pricing Using GARCH Models and the Normal Inverse Gaussian Distribution," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 6(4), pages 540-582, Fall.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.