Foreign aid and illegal immigration
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 63 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shouyong Shi, 1996.
"A Divisible Search Model of Fiat Money,"
930, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Chisato Yoshida, 1993. "The Global Welfare of Illegal Immigration: A Note," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 111-115, January.
- Bond, Eric W. & Chen, Tain-Jy, 1987. "The welfare effects of illegal immigration," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 315-328, November.
- Stark, Oded & Lucas, Robert E B, 1988. "Migration, Remittances, and the Family," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(3), pages 465-81, April.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1986. "Illegal Immigration: The Host-Country Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 56-71, March.
- Djajic, Slobodan, 1987. "Illegal aliens, unemployment and immigration policy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 235-249, February.
- Bandyopadhyay, Subhayu & Bandyopadhyay, Sudeshna Champati, 1998. "Illegal immigration: a supply side analysis," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 343-360.
- Ramón López & Maurice Schiff, 1998. "Migration and the Skill composition of the Labor Force: The Impact of Trade Liberalization in LDCs," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(2), pages 318-336, May.
- Russell, S.S. & Teitelbaum, M.S., 1992. "International Migration and International Trade," World Bank - Discussion Papers 160, World Bank.
- Faini, Riccardo & Venturini, Alessandra, 1993. "Trade, aid and migrations: Some basic policy issues," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 435-442, April.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1986. "Illegal Immigration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 258-62, May.
- Chisato Yoshida, 2004. "The Optimal Enforcement of a Finance-Constrained Immigration Law," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 57-62, January.
- Bandyopadhyay, Subhayu & Wall, Howard J., 2005.
"Immigration and Outsourcing: A General Equilibrium Analysis,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1694, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Howard J. Wall, 2010. "Immigration and Outsourcing: A General-Equilibrium Analysis," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(s1), pages 433-446, 08.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Howard J. Wall, 2007. "Immigration and outsourcing: a general equilibrium analysis," Working Papers 2005-058, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Subhayu Bandoyopadhyay & Howard J. Wall, 2006. "Immigration and Outsourcing: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers 06-15 Classification-, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Howard J. Wall, 2005. "Immigration and Outsourcing: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Working Papers 05-08 Classification-, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Gemma Larramona & Jesus Clemente & Pedro Garcia-Castrillo, 2004. "Illegal immigration and a heterogeneous labour force. When can quotas generate an internal conflict?," ERSA conference papers ersa04p125, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00399306 is not listed on IDEAS
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Sudeshna Bandyopadhyay, 2006. "The role of capital mobility in illegal immigration policy," Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 173-189.
- Epstein, Gil S. & Heizler (Cohen), Odelia, 2007.
"Illegal Migration, Enforcement and Minimum Wage,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2830, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Woodland, Alan D. & Yoshida, Chisato, 2006. "Risk preference, immigration policy and illegal immigration," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 500-513, December.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 2006.
"Illegal Migration from Mexico to the United States,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 44(4), pages 869-924, December.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 2006. "Illegal Migration from Mexico to the United States," NBER Working Papers 12141, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amin, Mohammad & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2006. "Can guest worker schemes reduce illegal migration ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3828, The World Bank.
- Yasser Moullan, 2009.
"Can Health Foreign Assistance Break the Medical Brain Drain ?,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Moullan, Yasser, 2009. "Can Health Foreign Assistance Break the Medical Brain Drain?," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Frankfurt a.M. 2009 22, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Yasser Moullan, 2009. "Can Health Foreign Assistance Break the Medical Brain Drain ?," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 09045, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- S.M. Turab Hussain, 2005. "Migration, Policy and Welfare in the Context of Developing Economies : A Simple Extended Family Approach," Development Economics Working Papers 22256, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Maelan Le Goff & Kangni Kpodar, 2011. "Do Remittances Reduce Aid Dependency?," IMF Working Papers 11/246, International Monetary Fund.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Dustin Chambers & Jonathan Munemo, 2012. "Foreign aid, illegal immigration, and host country welfare," Working Papers 2012-007, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- S.M. Turab Hussain, 2005. "Rural to Urban Migration and Network Effects in an Extended Family Framework," Microeconomics Working Papers 22257, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.