Soil conservation as an investment in land
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Development Economics.
Volume (Year): 54 (1997)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeffrey T. LaFrance, 1992.
"Do Increased Commodity Prices Lead To More Or Less Soil Degradation?,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 36(1), pages 57-82, 04.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1992. "Do Increased Commodity Prices Lead To More Or Less Soil Degradation?," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 36(01), April.
- Barrett, Scott, 1991. "Optimal soil conservation and the reform of agricultural pricing policies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 167-187, October.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1990. "The Farm-Level Economics of Soil Conservation: The Uplands of Java," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 66(2), pages 199-211.
- Saint-Macary, Camille & Keil, Alwin & Zeller, Manfred, 2009. "Land allocation policy and conservation practices in the mountains of Northern Vietnam," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51763, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/11436 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bond, Craig A. & Farzin, Y. Hossein, 2004. "A Portfolio Of Nutrients: Soil And Sustainability," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20035, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Yoshito Takasaki, 2011. "Economic models of shifting cultivation: a review," Tsukuba Economics Working Papers 2011-006, Economics, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba.
- Shively, Gerald E., 2001. "Poverty, consumption risk, and soil conservation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 267-290, August.
- Yoshito Takasaki & Oliver T. Coomes & Christian Abizaid & St?phanie Brisson, 2011. "An efficient nonmarket institution under imperfect markets: Labor sharing for tropical forest clearing," Tsukuba Economics Working Papers 2011-007, Economics, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba, revised Jan 2012.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:17:y:2007:i:3:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Saint-Macary, Camille & Keil, Alwin & Zeller, Manfred, 2009. "Land allocation policy and conservat ion practices in the mountains of Northern Vietnam," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/11436, Paris Dauphine University.
- Jackson, T.M. & Hanjra, Munir A. & Khan, S. & Hafeez, M.M., 2011. "Building a climate resilient farm: A risk based approach for understanding water, energy and emissions in irrigated agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 729-745.
- Ed Balsdon, 2007. "Poverty And The Management Of Natural Resources:A Model Of Shifting Cultivation," Working Papers 0021, San Diego State University, Department of Economics.
- Gilles Lafforgue & Walid Oueslati, 2005.
"Optimal Soil Management and Environmental Policy,"
2005.114, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- LAFFORGUE Gilles & OUESLATI Walid, 2006. "Optimal Soil Management and Environmental Policy," LERNA Working Papers 06.15.208, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Oueslati, Walid, 2005. "Optimal Soil Management and Environmental Policy," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24533, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lavee, Doron, 2010. "The effect of water supply uncertainty on farmers' choice of crop portfolio," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(11), pages 1847-1854, November.
- Willassen, Yngve, 2004. "On the economics of the optimal fallow-cultivation cycle," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1541-1556, June.
- Balsdon, Edmund M., 2007. "Poverty and the management of natural resources: A model of shifting cultivation," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 333-347, September.
- Lichtenberg, Erik, 2006. ""A note on soil depth, failing markets and agricultural pricing": Comment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 236-243, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.