Assets, parental expectations and involvement, and children's educational performance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Children and Youth Services Review.
Volume (Year): 28 (2006)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Hun Yeo, Yeong & Zhan, Min & Charles, Pajarita, 2008. "Asset holding and net worth among households with children: Differences by household type," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 62-78, January.
- repec:cep:sticas:case164 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ssewamala, Fred M. & Karimli, Leyla & Han, Chang-Keun & Ismayilova, Leyla, 2010. "Social capital, savings, and educational performance of orphaned adolescents in Sub-Saharan Africa," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 1704-1710, December.
- Elliott, William & Destin, Mesmin & Friedline, Terri, 2011. "Taking stock of ten years of research on the relationship between assets and children's educational outcomes: Implications for theory, policy and intervention," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2312-2328.
- Williams Shanks, Trina R. & Kim, Youngmi & Loke, Vernon & Destin, Mesmin, 2010. "Assets and child well-being in developed countries," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1488-1496, November.
- Destin, Mesmin, 2013. "Integrating resource-based and person-based approaches to understanding wealth effects on school achievement," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 171-178.
- Kim, Youngmi & Sherraden, Michael & Clancy, Margaret, 2013. "Do mothers’ educational expectations differ by race and ethnicity, or socioeconomic status?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 82-94.
- Cheatham, Gregory A. & Smith, Sean J. & Elliott, William & Friedline, Terri, 2013. "Family assets, postsecondary education, and students with disabilities: Building on progress and overcoming challenges," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1078-1086.
- Karagiannaki, E. (Eleni), 2012. "GINI DP 58: The effect of parental wealth on children’s outcomes in early adulthood," GINI Discussion Papers 58, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
- Elliott, William & Kim, Kevin & Jung, Hyunzee & Zhan, Min, 2010. "Asset holding and educational attainment among African American youth," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1497-1507, November.
- Zhan, Min & Sherraden, Michael, 2011. "Assets and liabilities, race/ethnicity, and children's college education," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2168-2175.
- Eleni Karagiannaki, 2012. "The effect of parental wealth on children’s outcomes in early adulthood," CASE Papers /164, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Loke, Vernon, 2013. "Parental asset accumulation trajectories and children's college outcomes," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 124-133.
- Elliott, William & Choi, Eun Hee & Destin, Mesmin & Kim, Kevin H., 2011. "The age old question, which comes first? A simultaneous test of children's savings and children's college-bound identity," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1101-1111, July.
- Chowa, Gina A.N. & Elliott III, William, 2011. "An asset approach to increasing perceived household economic stability among families in Uganda," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 81-87, February.
- Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Yeo, Yeong H. & Birdsong, Susanna S. & Despard, Mathieu R. & Quercia, Roberto G., 2009. "The impact of low- and moderate-wealth homeownership on parental attitudes and behavior: Evidence from the community advantage panel," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 23-31, January.
- Elliott, William, 2013. "The effects of economic instability on children's educational outcomes," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 461-471.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.