Effects of childhood poverty on productivity later in life: Implications for public policy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Children and Youth Services Review.
Volume (Year): 17 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1-2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/childyouth
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joshua D. Angrist & Alan B. Krueger, 1990.
"Does Compulsory School Attendance Affect Schooling and Earnings?,"
NBER Working Papers
3572, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angrist, Joshua D & Krueger, Alan B, 1991. "Does Compulsory School Attendance Affect Schooling and Earnings?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 106(4), pages 979-1014, November.
- Joshua Angrist & Alan Krueger, 1990. "Does Compulsory School Attendance Affect Schooling and Earnings?," Working Papers 653, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Robert M. Hauser, 1993. "Trends in College Entry among Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics," NBER Chapters, in: Studies of Supply and Demand in Higher Education, pages 61-120 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Haveman & Barbara Wolfe & James Spaulding, 1991. "Childhood events and circumstances influencing high school completion," Demography, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 133-157, February.
- Datcher, Linda P, 1982. "Effects of Community and Family Background on Achievement," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(1), pages 32-41, February.
- Mary Corcoran & Roger Gordon & Deborah Laren & Gary Solon, 1992. "The Association between Men's Economic Status and Their Family and Community Origins," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 27(4), pages 575-601.
- Chaikind, Stephen & Corman, Hope, 1991. "The impact of low birthweight on special education costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 291-311, October.
- Sawhill, Isabel V, 1988. "Poverty in the U.S.: Why Is It So Persistent?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1073-119, September.
- Behrman, Jere & Tarbman, Paul, 1985. "Intergenerational Earnings Mobility in the United States: Some Estimates and a Test of Becker's Intergenerational Endowments Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 144-51, February.
- Sheldon Danziger & Jonathan Stern, 1990. "Causes and Consequences of Child Poverty in the United States," Innocenti Occasional Papers, Economic Policy Series iopeps90/35, UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre.
- Solon, Gary, 1992. "Intergenerational Income Mobility in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Michael J. Shanahan & Adam Davey & Jennifer Brooks, 1998. "Dynamic Models of Poverty and Psychosocial Adjustment through Childhood," JCPR Working Papers 49, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Robertson, Dylan L. & Reynolds, Arthur J., 2010. "Family profiles and educational attainment," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1077-1085, August.
- Lindsey, Duncan, 1995. "Child poverty and welfare reform," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 333-345.
- De Civita, Mirella & Pagani, Linda & Vitaro, Frank & Tremblay, Richard E., 2004. "The role of maternal educational aspirations in mediating the risk of income source on academic failure in children from persistently poor families," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 749-769, August.
- Moon, Sung Seek & Hegar, Rebecca L. & Page, Jaimie, 2009. "TANF status, ethnicity, and early school success," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 854-863, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.