Childhood events and circumstances influencing high school completion
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 28 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, .
"Human Capital and the Rise and Fall of Families,"
University of Chicago - Population Research Center
84-10, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Gary S. Becker & Nigel Tomes, 1994. "Human Capital and the Rise and Fall of Families," NBER Chapters, in: Human Capital: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis with Special Reference to Education (3rd Edition), pages 257-298 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Becker, Gary S & Tomes, Nigel, 1986. "Human Capital and the Rise and Fall of Families," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages S1-39, July.
- Robert H. Haveman & Barbara L. Wolfe, 1984. "Schooling and Economic Well-Being: The Role of Nonmarket Effects," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(3), pages 377-407.
- Tomes, Nigel, 1981. "The Family, Inheritance, and the Intergenerational Transmission of Inequality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 928-58, October.
- De Civita, Mirella & Pagani, Linda & Vitaro, Frank & Tremblay, Richard E., 2004. "The role of maternal educational aspirations in mediating the risk of income source on academic failure in children from persistently poor families," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 749-769, August.
- Karl Ashworth & Martha Hill & Robert Walker, 1994. "Patterns of childhood poverty: New challenges for policy," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 658-680.
- Leventhal, Tama & Newman, Sandra, 2010. "Housing and child development," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1165-1174, September.
- Rephann, Terance J., 2002. "The importance of geographical attributes in the decision to attend college," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 291-307, December.
- L. Bethke & G. Sandefur, . "Disruptive Events during the High School Years and Educational Attainment," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1168-98, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Hati, Koushik Kumar & Majumder, Rajarshi, 2012.
"Proximate Determinants of School Dropout: A study on Rural West Bengal,"
45850, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hati, Koushik Kumar & Majumder, Rajarshi, 2012. "Proximate Determinants of School Dropout: A study on Rural West Bengal," MPRA Paper 49756, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2013.
- Cardoso, Ana Rute & Fontainha, Elsa & Monfardini, Chiara, 2008.
"Children and Parents Time Use: Empirical Evidence on Investment in Human Capital in France, Italy and Germany,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3815, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ana Rute Cardoso & Elsa Fontainha & Chiara Monfardini, 2008. "Children and parents time use: Empirical evidence on investment in human capital in France, Italy and Germany," CHILD Working Papers wp17_08, CHILD - Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic economics - ITALY.
- Neil G. Bennett & David E. Bloom & Cynthia K. Miller, 1993. "The Influence of Nonmarital Childbearing on the Formation of First Marriages," NBER Working Papers 4564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Quinn Moore & Lucie Schmidt, 2004. "Do Maternal Investments in Human Capital Affect Childrens' Academic Achievement?," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-13, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Heflin, Colleen M. & Acevedo, Sharon Kukla, 2011. "Non-income effects of welfare receipt on early childhood cognitive scores," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 634-643, May.
- Aaronson, Daniel, 2000.
"A Note on the Benefits of Homeownership,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 356-369, May.
- Hill, Martha S. & Sandfort, Jodi R., 1995. "Effects of childhood poverty on productivity later in life: Implications for public policy," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 91-126.
- Lisa Sanbonmatsu & Jeffrey R. Kling & Greg J. Duncan & Jeanne Brooks-Gunn, 2006.
"Neighborhoods and Academic Achievement: Results from the Moving to Opportunity Experiment,"
NBER Working Papers
11909, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lisa Sanbonmatsu & Jeffrey R. Kling & Greg J. Duncan & Jeanne Brooks-Gunn, 2006. "Neighborhoods and Academic Achievement: Results from the Moving to Opportunity Experiment," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 41(4).
- Tushar Agrawal, 2011. "Returns to education in India: Some recent evidence," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2011-017, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- B. Wolfe & S. Zuvekas, . "Nonmarket outcomes of schooling," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1065-95, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Barbara L. Wolfe & Robert H. Haveman, 2002. "Social and nonmarket benefits from education in an advanced economy," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 47(Jun), pages 97-142.
- Anke Schöb, 2001. "Educational Opportunities of Children in Poverty," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 70(1), pages 172-179.
- Jie Chen, 2013. "Housing tenure, residential mobility and adolescents’ education achievement: evidence from Sweden," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 275-294, February.
- Marianne Tønnessen & Kjetil Telle & Astri Syse, 2013. "Childhood residential mobility and adult outcomes," Discussion Papers 750, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Kevin Thomas, 2012. "Migration Processes, Familial Characteristics, and Schooling Dropout Among Black Youths," Demography, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 477-498, May.
- Kathleen M. Ziol-Guest & Claire McKenna, 2009. "Early Childhood Residential Instability and School Readiness: Evidence from the Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study," Working Papers 1195, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.