Educational attainment of children from single-parent families: Differences by exposure, gender, and race
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Demography.
Volume (Year): 25 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/13524
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bowles, Samuel, 1972. "Schooling and Inequality from Generation to Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(3), pages S219-S51, Part II, .
- B. F. Kiker & C. M. Condon, 1981. "The Influence of Socioeconomic Background on the Earnings of Young Men," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 16(1), pages 94-105.
- Judith Blake, 1981. "Family size and the quality of children," Demography, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 421-442, November.
- Saul Hoffman, 1977. "Marital instability and the economic status of women," Demography, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 67-76, February.
- Belton Fleisher, 1977. "Mother’s home time and the production of child quality," Demography, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 197-212, May.
- Leibowitz, Arleen, 1974. "Education and Home Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 243-50, May.
- Mohanty, Madhu S. & Ullah, Aman, 2012. "Direct and indirect effects of happiness on wage: A simultaneous equations approach," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 143-152.
- Lokshin, Michael & Mullan Harris, Kathleen & Popkin, Barry, 2000.
"Single mothers in Russia - household strategies for coping with poverty,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2300, The World Bank.
- Lokshin, Michael & Harris, Kathleen Mullan & Popkin, Barry M., 2000. "Single Mothers in Russia: Household Strategies for Coping with Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2183-2198, December.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & DebBurman, Noyna, 2004.
"Pre-School Enrollment: An Analysis by Immigrant Generation,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1226, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Barry R. Chiswick & Noyna DebBurman, 2004. "Pre-School Enrollment: An Analysis by Immigrant Generation," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0404, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Libertad González Luna, 2005.
"The determinants of the prevalence of single mothers: A cross-country analysis,"
Economics Working Papers
876, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Gonzalez, Libertad, 2005. "The Determinants of the Prevalence of Single Mothers: A Cross-Country Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 1677, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Case, Anne & Lin, I-Fen & McLanahan, Sara, 2000.
"How Hungry Is the Selfish Gene?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(466), pages 781-804, October.
- Mark Ottoni-Wilhelm & Robert Bandy, 2013. "Stage-specific family structure models: implicit parameter restrictions and Bayesian model comparison with an application to prosocial behavior," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 313-340, September.
- Gonzalez, Libertad, 2006.
"The Effect of Benefits on Single Motherhood in Europe,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2026, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gonzalez, Libertad, 2007. "The effect of benefits on single motherhood in Europe," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 393-412, June.
- Reynolds Farley, 1988. "After the starting line: Blacks and women in an uphill race," Demography, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 477-495, November.
- Robert Kaestner, 1995. "The Effects of Cocaine and Marijuana Use on Marriage and Marital Stability," NBER Working Papers 5038, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ver Ploeg, Michele, 2002. "Children from disrupted families as adults: family structure, college attendance and college completion," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 171-184, April.
- Israel, Mark & Seeborg, Michael, 1998. "The impact of youth characteristics and experiences on transitions out of poverty," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 753-776.
- Jonathan Gruber, 2000. "Is Making Divorce Easier Bad for Children? The Long Run Implications of Unilateral Divorce," NBER Working Papers 7968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heather Antecol & Kelly Bedard, 2002. "Does Single Parenthood Increase the Probability of Teenage Promiscuity, Drug Use and Crime?," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2002-23, Claremont Colleges.
- Hope Corman & Robert Kaestner, 1991. "The Effects of Child Health on Marital Status," NBER Working Papers 3850, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ali Tasiran & Kerem Tezic, 2006. "Parental Income and Continuing Education of Second Generation Immigrants in Sweden," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 491-514.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.