Use of ENSO-related climate information in agricultural decision making in Argentina: a pilot experience
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Agricultural Systems.
Volume (Year): 74 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- L. Ingber, 1993. "Simulated annealing: Practice versus theory," Lester Ingber Papers 93sa, Lester Ingber.
- Hansen, J. W. & Jones, J. W., 2000. "Scaling-up crop models for climate variability applications," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 43-72, July.
- Carla Roncoli & Christine Jost & Paul Kirshen & Moussa Sanon & Keith Ingram & Mark Woodin & Léopold Somé & Frédéric Ouattara & Bienvenue Sanfo & Ciriaque Sia & Pascal Yaka & Gerrit Hoogenboom, 2009. "From accessing to assessing forecasts: an end-to-end study of participatory climate forecast dissemination in Burkina Faso (West Africa)," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 92(3), pages 433-460, February.
- Nadolnyak, Denis A. & Novak, James L. & Vedenov, Dmitry V. & Paz, Joel O. & Fraisse, Clyde W. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit, 2007. "Non-Parametric Analysis of ENSO Impacts on Yield Distributions: Implications for GRP Contract Design," 2007 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2007, Mobile, Alabama 34858, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Meza, Francisco J. & Wilks, Daniel S., 2004. "Use of seasonal forecasts of sea surface temperature anomalies for potato fertilization management. Theoretical study considering EPIC model results at Valdivia, Chile," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 161-180, November.
- World Bank, 2010. "Improving Water Management in Rainfed Agriculture : Issues and Options in Water-Constrained Production Systems," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13028, The World Bank.
- Novak, James L. & Nadolnyak, Denis A., 2008. "Climate Effects on Rainfall Index Insurance Purchase Decisions," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46834, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Woli, Prem & Paz, Joel O. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit & Garcia y Garcia, Axel & Fraisse, Clyde W., 2013. "The ENSO effect on peanut yield as influenced by planting date and soil type," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 1-8.
- Hansen, James W., 2002. "Realizing the potential benefits of climate prediction to agriculture: issues, approaches, challenges," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 309-330, December.
- Bert, Federico E. & Satorre, Emilio H. & Toranzo, Fernando Ruiz & Podesta, Guillermo P., 2006. "Climatic information and decision-making in maize crop production systems of the Argentinean Pampas," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 180-204, June.
- Cabrera, Victor E. & Letson, David & Podesta, Guillermo, 2007. "The value of climate information when farm programs matter," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-3), pages 25-42, March.
- Geyser, Mariette & Louw, Andre & Botha, L., 2009. "Is geographic diversification sufficient to limit contract grower risk?," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 48(1), March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.