Realizing the potential benefits of climate prediction to agriculture: issues, approaches, challenges
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Agricultural Systems.
Volume (Year): 74 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ingram, K. T. & Roncoli, M. C. & Kirshen, P. H., 2002. "Opportunities and constraints for farmers of west Africa to use seasonal precipitation forecasts with Burkina Faso as a case study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 331-349, December.
- Christopher B. Barrett, 1998. "The Value of Imperfect ENSO Forecast Information: Discussion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1109-1112.
- Hammer, G. L. & Hansen, J. W. & Phillips, J. G. & Mjelde, J. W. & Hill, H. & Love, A. & Potgieter, A., 2001. "Advances in application of climate prediction in agriculture," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 70(2-3), pages 515-553.
- Daniel McFadden, 1998.
"Rationality for Economists?,"
98-09-086, Santa Fe Institute.
- Podesta, Guillermo & Letson, David & Messina, Carlos & Royce, Fred & Ferreyra, R. Andres & Jones, James & Hansen, James & Llovet, Ignacio & Grondona, Martin & O'Brien, James J., 2002. "Use of ENSO-related climate information in agricultural decision making in Argentina: a pilot experience," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 371-392, December.
- Thornton, P. K. & Herrero, M., 2001. "Integrated crop-livestock simulation models for scenario analysis and impact assessment," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 70(2-3), pages 581-602.
- Meinke, H. & Baethgen, W. E. & Carberry, P. S. & Donatelli, M. & Hammer, G. L. & Selvaraju, R. & Stockle, C. O., 2001. "Increasing profits and reducing risks in crop production using participatory systems simulation approaches," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 70(2-3), pages 493-513.
- James W. Mjelde & Troy N. Thompson & Clair J. Nixon, 1996. "Government Institutional Effects on the Value of Seasonal Climate Forecasts," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 175-188.
- Messina, C. D. & Hansen, J. W. & Hall, A. J., 1999. "Land allocation conditioned on El Nino-Southern Oscillation phases in the Pampas of Argentina," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 197-212, June.
- James W. Mjelde & Harvey S.J. Hill & John F. Griffiths, 1998. "A Review of Current Evidence on Climate Forecasts and Their Economic Effects in Agriculture," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1089-1095.
- Everingham, Y. L. & Muchow, R. C. & Stone, R. C. & Inman-Bamber, N. G. & Singels, A. & Bezuidenhout, C. N., 2002. "Enhanced risk management and decision-making capability across the sugarcane industry value chain based on seasonal climate forecasts," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 459-477, December.
- Bert, Federico E. & Satorre, Emilio H. & Toranzo, Fernando Ruiz & Podesta, Guillermo P., 2006. "Climatic information and decision-making in maize crop production systems of the Argentinean Pampas," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 88(2-3), pages 180-204, June.
- Pandey, Sushil & Bhandari, Humnath & Ding, Shijun & Prapertchob, Preeda & Sharan, Ramesh & Naik, Dibakar & Taunk, Sudhir K. & Sastri, Asras, 2006. "Coping with Drought in Rice Farming in Asia: Insights from a Cross-Country Comparative Study," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25553, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Gadgil, Sulochana & Seshagiri Rao, P. R. & Narahari Rao, K., 2002. "Use of climate information for farm-level decision making: rainfed groundnut in southern India," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 431-457, December.
- McCown, R.L. & Carberry, P.S. & Dalgliesh, N.P. & Foale, M.A. & Hochman, Z., 2012. "Farmers use intuition to reinvent analytic decision support for managing seasonal climatic variability," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 33-45.
- Brown, Casey & Rogers, Peter & Lall, Upmanu, 2006. "Demand management of groundwater with monsoon forecasting," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-3), pages 293-311, October.
- Silva, Vicente de P.R. & Campos, João H.B.C. & Silva, Madson T. & Azevedo, Pedro V., 2010. "Impact of global warming on cowpea bean cultivation in northeastern Brazil," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(11), pages 1760-1768, November.
- Cabrera, Victor E. & Letson, David & Podesta, Guillermo, 2007. "The value of climate information when farm programs matter," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 93(1-3), pages 25-42, March.
- Quiroga, Sonia & Iglesias, Ana, 2009. "A comparison of the climate risks of cereal, citrus, grapevine and olive production in Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 101(1-2), pages 91-100, June.
- Osgood, Daniel E. & Suarez, Pablo & Hansen, James & Carriquiry, Miguel & Mishra, Ashok, 2008. "Integrating seasonal forecasts and insurance for adaptation among subsistence farmers : the case of Malawi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4651, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.