Sheep animal welfare in a low rainfall Mediterranean environment: a profitable investment?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Agricultural Systems.
Volume (Year): 74 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/agsy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Bennett, 1995. "The Value Of Farm Animal Welfare," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 46-60.
- Kingwell, R. S. & Ghadim, A. K. Abadi & Robinson, S. D. & Young, J. M., 1995. "Introducing Awassi sheep to Australia: an application of farming system models," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 451-471.
- Richard Bennett & Douglas Larson, 1996. "Contingent Valuation Of The Perceived Benefits Of Farm Animal Welfare Legislation: An Exploratory Survey," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1-4), pages 224-235.
- Morley, F. H. W. & White, D. H. & Kenney, P. A. & Davis, I. F., 1978. "Predicting ovulation rate from liveweight in ewes," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 27-45, January.
- Abadi Ghadim, Amir & Kingwell, Ross & Pannell, David, 1991. "An economic evaluation of deep tillage to reduce soil compaction on crop-livestock farms in Western Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 291-307.
- Rolfe, John, 1997. "Some Economics of Animal Welfare," 1997 Conference (41st), January 22-24, 1997, Gold Coast, Australia 136517, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Morrison, David A. & Kingwell, Ross S. & Pannell, David J. & Ewing, Michael A., 1986. "A mathematical programming model of a crop-livestock farm system," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 243-268.
- Flugge, Felicity & Schilizzi, Steven, 2005. "Greenhouse gas abatement policies and the value of carbon sinks: Do grazing and cropping systems have different destinies?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 584-598, December.
- Flugge, Felicity & Schilizzi, Steven, 2003. "Alternative Policies with Complementary Benefits: Targeting Greenhouse Emissions or Water Recharge on Farming Systems?," 14th Congress, Perth, Western Australia, August 10-15, 2003 24392, International Farm Management Association.
- Flugge, Felicity & Schilizzi, Steven, 2003. "Greenhouse Gas Abatement Policies and the Value of Carbon Sinks: Do Grazing and Cropping Systems have Different Destinies?," 2003 Conference (47th), February 12-14, 2003, Fremantle, Australia 57865, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Bathgate, A. & Revell, C. & Kingwell, R., 2009. "Identifying the value of pasture improvement using wholefarm modelling," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 102(1-3), pages 48-57, October.
- Kopke, Emma & Young, John & Kingwell, Ross, 2008. "The relative profitability and environmental impacts of different sheep systems in a Mediterranean environment," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 96(1-3), pages 85-94, March.
- Kingwell, Ross S. & Metcalf, Tess, 2009. "Low Emission Farming Systems: A whole-farm analysis of the potential impacts of greenhouse policy," 2009 Conference (53rd), February 11-13, 2009, Cairns, Australia 48162, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Rose, Gus & Kingwell, Ross S., 2009. "Seasonal labour is the most profitable use of labour in broadacre crop dominant farms," 2009 Conference (53rd), February 11-13, 2009, Cairns, Australia 47947, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Kingwell, Ross & Fuchsbichler, Amy, 2011. "The whole-farm benefits of controlled traffic farming: An Australian appraisal," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(7), pages 513-521, September.
- Gibson, Lauren & Kingwell, Ross & Doole, Graeme, 2008. "The role and value of eastern star clover in managing herbicide-resistant crop weeds: A whole-farm analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 199-207, October.
- O'Connell, Michael & Young, John & Kingwell, Ross, 2006. "The economic value of saltland pastures in a mixed farming system in Western Australia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 371-389, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.