Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society
1997 Conference (41st), January 22-24, 1997, Gold Coast, Australia
Contact information of Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society:
Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (AgEcon Search)
Series handle: repec:ags:aare97
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
- 136527 Cross-Compliance policies and EU Agriculture: Missing All The Targets at the Same Time?
by Schou, Jesper S. & Rygnestad, Hild
- 136513 Impact of Adoption of Sustainable Production Systems on Farm Profitability
by Robinson, Ian
- 136836 Modelling the Economic Impact of Environmental Flow Policies on the Macquarie Regional Economy
by Yatawara, Tissa & Millward-Brown, Ian
- 136828 Farmers' Adoption of Practices to Increase Protein of ASW Wheat
by Weatherford, James & Clegg, David
- 136826 Why Harvest Efficiency Appears to Fall Over Time in the Production Functions of Fisheries
by Wallace, I.F. & Lindner, Robert K. & Dole, David D.
- 136818 An Integrated Economic Approach to Evaluating the Farm and Industry Benefits of Weed Control in Agricultural Production Systems
by Vere, David T. & Jones, Randall E. & Griffith, Garry R.
- 136816 Economic values for recreational fishing from the random utility model
by van Bueren, Martin
- 136809 Optimal Effort and Sustainable Rent in the Papua New Guinea Surface Tuna Fishery
by Troedson, David
- 136807 Dynamic Interactions between Pasture Production, Milk Yields and Economic Viability NSW Dairy Farms
by Tozer, Peter R. & Huffaker, Ray G.
- 136799 Size economies on sugar cane farms in Queensland
by Tessema, Getachew A. & Topp, Vernon
- 136798 A Spatial Equilibrium Analysis of the Queensland Kangaroo Industry: An Examination of Harvest Off-Take Rates
by Switala, J.P. & Moll, E.J. & Strong, S.M.
- 136540 Practical Issues in Developing a Whole-farm Bio-economic Model
by Stewart, Vanessa A. & Pannell, David J. & Kingwell, Ross S. & Free, Nicole A.
- 136539 New Zealand Kiwifruit Returns: Factors Determining Overseas Demand
by SriRamaratnam, Ram
- 136538 Impact of Trade Liberalization on Non-Plantation Agriculture in Sri Lanka on Economic Grouth and Environmental Degradation: A Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) Analysis
by Somaratne, W.G. & Chisholm, Anthony H. & Jayasuriya, Sisira & Bandara, Jayatilake S.
- 136537 Consumer Attitudes Toward Food Safety
by Smith, Dominic
- 136536 Land and Water (Ab)use Versus Agricultural Sustainability: A Survey
by Singh, Jai & Singh, Jai Pal
- 136534 Analyzing Adoption and Replacement of Rice Varieties in NSW
by Singh, Inder Pal & Brennan, John P.
- 136531 Rhizoids and Rejuvenation: The Socio-Technical Development of the New Zealand Dairy Industry
by Simons, Petrus
- 136530 Assessing Market Power in Wheat Export Markets by Class
by Shi, Hongqi & Wahl, Thomas I. & Lanclos, D. Kent & Devadoss, Stephen
- 136529 Capacity Utilisation and Productivity Change in the Australian Metals Mining Industry
by Shebeb, Bassim & Longmire, James L.
- 136528 The opportunity costs of introducing environmental flows to the Snowy River
by Scoccimarro, Michelle & Beare, Stephen & Brennan, Donna C.
- 136525 Shifting Cultivation on the Farm? Degrading Farm Practices and Optimal Long Term Land Rehabilitation
by Schilizzi, Steven & Mueller, Ute
- 136521 Hedonic Pricing For Prawn and Shrimp in the Philippines
by Salayo, Nerissa D.
- 136517 Some Economics of Animal Welfare
by Rolfe, John
- 136515 Choice Modelling- An Exercise in Environmental Valuation
by Rolfe, John & Bennett, Jeffrey W. & Louviere, Jordan
- 136510 Determinants of Dairy Farm Ownership in New Zealand
by Rauniyar, Ganesh P. & Parker, W.J.
- 136505 Attitudes of Landholder and Non-landholder Towards Environmental, Economic and Social Issues in the Johnstone Catchment
by Qureshi, Muhammad Ejaz & Harrison, Stephen R. & Greenfield, P.F. & Prove, B.
- 136501 Food Consumption Pattern in Sri Lanka: An Application of the LA/AIDS Model
by Pradhan, Jadunath & Tudawe, Indra
- 136500 Sustainable Agriculture: A Question of Ecology, Economics, Ethics or Expedience?
by Pannell, David J. & Schilizzi, Steven
- 136499 Short and Long Run Approaches to Water Demand Estimation
by Pagan, Phil & Fagan, Margot & Crean, Jason & Jones, Randall E.
- 136498 Sustainable wetlands-based recreation the case of fireflies trade in Malaysia - can economic valuation shed some light?
by Othman, Jamal & Othman, Redzuan
- 136497 An analysis of policy changes affecting PNG cocoa producers
by Omuru, Eric & Fraser, Rob W. & Burton, Michael P.
- 136496 Some Issues in the Application of Competition Policy to Agriculture
by Nash, Jennifer & Fagon, Margot & Davenport, Scott V.
- 136495 A Comparison of Stated Preference Techniques for Estimating Environmental Values
by Morrison, Mark & Blamey, Russell K. & Bennett, Jeffrey W. & Louviere, Jordan
- 136494 Linking ecology and economics for woody weed management in Queensland's rangelands
by Miller, E.N. & Scanlan, Joe C.
- 136493 A Review of Developments in Rural Adjustment and Welfare Policy
by Milham, Nick & Davenport, Scott V.
- 136492 Environmental Implications of Management Interventions in the Pig Fattening Process
by Maul, C.R.
- 136491 The Changing Relationship Between Private and Public Sector Agricultural Extension in Australia
by Marsh, Sally P. & Pannell, David J.
- 136490 The Concepts of Quality, Consumption and Production: A Theoretical Exposition and Implications to Research Evaluation
by Mangabat, Minda C. & Davis, Jeffrey S. & Edwards, Geoff W.
- 136246 Tiered Pricing for Irrigation Water
by Madden, J.C. & Prathapar, S.A. & Bramston, M.
- 136245 Models for the Analysis of Barley Marketing
by MacAulay, T. Gordon & Richards, R.
- 136244 An Economic Evaluation of Realised and Potential Impacts of 15 of ACIAR's Biological Control Projects (1983-1996): Some Preliminary Estimates
by Lubulwa, Godfrey & McMeniman, Susan
- 136243 Elasticity of Export Demand for Australian Sugar: Accounting for Regional and Seasonal Effects
by Longmire, James L. & Males, Warren P.
- 136241 ITQ's vs ITE's in the WRLF
by Lindner, Robert K.
- 136240 Grain Handling Costs in WA
by Lindner, Robert K.
- 136239 Measuring the economic benefits from the inland fishery management in South Sumatra, Indonesisa: A bioeconomic approach
by Koeshendrajana, Sonny & Cacho, Oscar J.
- 136238 The Role of Tactical Decision-making and Risk Aversion in Affecting a Farmer's Response to Price Stabilization
by Kingwell, Ross S.
- 136237 The Economics of Algal Bloom Control
by Kennedy, John O.S.
- 136235 The Thai Dairy Industry: Its Development, Land Rights and Use, and Health of Cattle
by Kehren, Tatjana & Tisdell, Clement A.
- 136234 Macro-Economic Impacts of Export Instability: The Case of Tree Crop Exports in Papua New Guinea
by Kannapiran, Chinna A.
- 136232 Optimal Design of Multipart Tariffs for Dam Water: The Comet River Dam Project
by Jones-Trifelly, Amelia & Beard, Rodney
- 136231 The Economics of Weed Control Strategies: A Dynamic Programming Analysis of Wild Oats Control
by Jones, Randall E. & Medd, Richard W.
- 136229 Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society Annual Conference, Queensland, January 22-24 1997: The Market for Ideas and Information in Commerce and Government: Aspects of Public Choice
by Johnson, R.W.M.
- 136228 The Rural Adjustment Scheme: An Economic Analysis
by Hyde, Charles Evan
- 136226 Environmental Regulations and the International Competitiveness of Australia's Tourism Industry- A Case Study of Far North Queensland
by Huybers, Twan & Rutherford, Arlene & Bennett, Jeffrey W.
- 136222 Chemical Residues in the Australian Beef Industry: Assessing the Economic Impacts of the Chlorfluazuron Incident on Returns to Cattle Producers
by Hill, Debbie J. & Griffith, Garry R. & Piggott, Roley R.
- 136218 Multicriteria Analysis- A Tool for Wetland Management Decision Making
by Hill, Christine M. & Assim, Fatosh
- 136216 Economics for Landcare Groups: A Case Study in Dryland Salinity
by Hill, Christine M.
- 136213 A Proposal for a Bioeconomical Model of an Apple Orchard
by Hester, Susan M. & Cacho, Oscar J.
- 136203 Bioeconomics of giant clam mariculture
by Hean, Robyn L. & Cacho, Oscar J.
- 136201 An Empirical Analysis of Seasonality in Agricultural Commodity Series
by Harman, Julie
- 136198 The Wild Harvest and Marketing of Kangaroos: A Case Study of the Profitability of Kangaroos Compared with Sheep/Beef in Queensland
by Hardman, J.R. Peter
- 136196 Concessional Sales, Open Market Demand and Consumption of Rice in Sri Lanka, 1953-1989
by Guanwardana, P.J.
- 136193 Imposing Regularity Conditions on a System of Cost and Cost-Share Equations: A Bayesian Approach
by Griffiths, William E. & O'Donnell, Christopher J. & Cruz, Agustina Tan
- 136188 The Impact of Canadian Pork Imports on New South Wales Pigmeat Prices
by Griffith, Garry R.
- 136014 Economic modelling of plant germplasm collections in Papua New Guinea
by Godden, David P. & Kennedy, John O.S. & Kambuou, Rosa N.
- 136013 Economic Value and Regional Economic Impact of Minnamurra Rainforest Centre, Budderoo National Park
by Gillespie, Robert
- 136009 Economic Assessment of a New Grain Legume for Low Rainfall Environments
by Free, Nicole A. & Pannell, David J. & Shea, Greg G.
- 136007 UK Agri-Environmental Policy and the GATT Green Box: Keeping the Lid on Pandora's Box
by Fraser, Iain & Edwards, Geoff W.
- 135756 Seasonal variability and a farmer's supply response to protein permiums and discounts
by Fraser, Rob W.
- 135755 Changing the EU and Challenging the CAP
by Field, Heather
- 135754 What Price for The Right to go A-Droving? A Derived Demand Approach
by John, Fatmata & Cacho, Oscar J. & Marshall, Graham R.
- 135753 Carbon Sequestration in the Community Rainforest Reforestation Program (CRRP)
by Eono, Jean-Claude
- 135752 Water Policy Development: An Application to Inter-State Trade
by Eigenraam, Mark & Stoneham, Gary
- 135751 Nonparametric Estimation of Production Functions Subject to Cost-Minimization and Profit-Maximization
by Dole, David D.
- 135750 Monitoring Utilisation of Nonrenewable Natural Resources: A Shift-Share Analysis
by Delpachitra, Sarath & St. Hill, Rod L.
- 135749 Case Studies: Theory and Practice in Agricultural Economics
by Crosthwaite, Jim & MacLeod, Neil D. & Malcolm, Bill
- 135747 Native grassland: at what cost?
by Crosthwaite, Jim
- 135745 Evaluating Conservation Technology for Upland Farmers in the Philippines
by Cramb, Rob A. & Garcia, Jose Nestor M. & Gerrits, Robert V. & Saguiguit, Gil C., Jr.
- 135744 Should control expenditure on Noogoora Burr in the Kimberley be drastically reduced
by Coyle, Peter
- 135743 An Economic Evaluation of Feral Goat Control Methods in the Rangelands of Western Australia
by Cook, David C.
- 135742 Optimal Hedging Strategies for Price Risk Management by Wool Growers: Numerical Sensitivity to Model Formulation, Risk Aversion and Price Expectations
by Coad, Amanda M. & Pannell, David J.
- 135741 Examining long run relationships among Australian beef prices
by Chang, Hui-Shung (Christie) & Griffith, Garry R.
- 135740 Price Determination and Behaviour in the Market for Irrigation Water in South Australia
by Challen, Ray & Petch, Anthony
- 135739 Are Disparities in Australian Regional Incomes Widening or Narrowing?
by Cashin, Paul & Strappazzon, Loris
- 135738 Dynamic Models, Externalities and Sustainability in Agriculture
by Cacho, Oscar J.
- 135736 Updating an Input-Output Table for Use in Policy Analysis
by Buetre, Benjamin L. & Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z.
- 135735 Institutional Aspects of Upland Agriculture in East Java
by Budi, G. & Cramb, Rob A. & Harrison, S.
- 135725 Improving the Efficiency of Cane Harvesting in the Mackay Sugar Industry
by Brennan, Lisa E.
- 135723 Minimum flow standards in the Williams River: an assessment of the impact on dairy farmers
by Brennan, Donna C.
- 135721 Strategic behaviour in the National Electricity Market
by Brennan, Donna C. & Melanie, Jane
- 135717 Dissonance-Minimisation in Contingent Valuation Surveys
by Blamey, Russell K. & Bennett, Jeffrey W. & Morrison, Mark
- 135712 An Economic Valuation of Noosa National Park
by Blackwell, Boyd & Asafu-Adjaye, John
- 135708 Scope Testing in Contingent Valuation
by Bennett, Jeffrey W. & Morrison, Mark & Blamey, Russell K.
- 135432 An Institutional Analysis of Partial Deregulation of the Australian Wheat Industry under Bertrand Competition
by Beard, Rodney & Purcell, Tim
- 135431 Grazing a Common Pasture in a Random Environment
by Beard, Rodney
- 135430 Efficient Pricing of Recreating in National Parks: a Queensland Case Study
by Beal, Diana J. & Harrison, Stephen R.
- 135429 Productivity of Mongolian Grain Farming: 1976-89
by Bayarsaihan, T. & Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J.
- 135428 Economic Modelling of Policy Interactions: A Case Study in the Murrumbidgee Region, NSW
by Bari, Maksudul & Jerrems, Roger
- 135427 Land Tenure and Sustainable Agriculture in Marginal Environments: The Case of Western China
by Banks, Tony
- 135426 Economics and the Comprehensive Regional Assessment of Forest Reserves
by Antony, George
- 135425 Incorporating biological regeneration into economic assessments of mining in forest regions
by Allen, Christopher & Gooday, Peter
- 135424 Modelling Natural Resource Policy as a Hierarchical Stackelberg Game
by Alexander, Robert R. & Bhat, Mahadev G.
- 135422 Wholesale Food Markets with Chinese Characteristics
by Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z. & Locke, Christopher G.
- 135421 Demand For Food In China: Preliminary Evidence From Wholesale Markets
by Abmadi·Esfahani, Fredoun Z. & Locke, Christopher G.
- 135420 The Economic Effects of the Sugar Tariff
by Adams, Philip D. & Dixon, Peter B.
- 135419 A Conceptual Framework of Adoption of an Innovation Including Dynamic Learning, Personal Perceptions and Risk Attitudes
by Abadi Ghadim, Amir K. & Pannell, David J.
- 135418 Policy and Management Work within International Agricultural Research
by Anderson, Jock R.
- 135417 The Environment, Economics and Water Policies
by Stringer, Randy
- 135416 Water Rights: An Ecological .Economics Perspective
by Young, Michael D.
- 135415 Innovative Activity and Comparative Advantage in Mining
by Tilton, John E.
- 135414 Ouarantine Risk Analysis
by Nunn, Mike J.
- 135413 Principles of Australian Quarantine
by Tanner, Carolyn & Nairn, Malcolm
- 135411 Advertising and Consumer Welfare: Scaling versus Translating
by Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A. & Piggott, Nicholas E.
- 135410 Grain Sector Economic Reform In China
by Findlay, Christopher C.
- 135408 World Food Markets into the 21st Century: Commodity Risk Management Policies
by Duncan, Ronald C.
- 135407 Environmental and Resource Policies: Implications for Global Food Markets
by Rosegrant, Mark W. & Riagler, Claudia
- 135406 Micro gains from micro reform
by Quiggin, John C.
- 135404 Taxation and the Comparative Advantage ·of Commodities
by Freebairn, John W.
- 135403 Are Resource-Abundant Economies Disadvantaged?
by Anderson, Kym
- 135402 Index to Papers by Author
- 136230 Economic Review of the Victorian Oilseeds Research Program
by Jones, Darren & Solingo, James
- 136227 Multimarket Market Power Estimation: The Australian Retail Meat Sector
by Hyde, Charles Evan & Perloff, Jeffrey M.
- 135423 Shadow Prices in Linear Programming Problems
by Alaouze, Chris M.
- 135412 Returns to incremental Promotion Expenditure in the Australian Fibre, Meat and Dairy Industries: A Review of Some Recent Research
by Piggott, Roley R.
- 135409 Agricultural Development and Reform in China
by Lin, Justin Yifu