Why Resisting Globalization Can Be Reasonable
AbstractA two-agent model of international trade with oligopoly and increasing returns is proposed to address why there have been persistent anti-trade-liberalization movements. It is shown that all of a country's residents lose from trade under certain conditions on the cross-country cost structure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 6 (2006)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 2004. "In Defense of Globalization: It Has a Human Face," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(6), pages 9-20, November-.
- Kemp, M.C. & Wong, K.Y., 1992.
"Gains from Trade with Overlapping Generations,"
92-06, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Kemp, M.C. & Wong, K.Y., 1992. "Gains from Trade with Overlapping Generations," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 92-06, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Kenji Fujiwara, 2005. "Unilateral and Multilateral Gains from Trade in International Oligopoly," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(255), pages 404-413, December.
- Shy, Oz, 1988. "A general equilibrium model of pareto inferior trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 143-154, August.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1980.
"The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(357), pages 95-106, March.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1979. "The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 140, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Murray C. Kemp & Koji Shimomura, 2001. "Gains From Trade in a Cournot-Nash General Equilibrium," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 52(3), pages 284-302.
- Kemp, Murray C & Long, Ngo Van, 1979. "The Under- Exploitation of Natural Resources: A Model with Overlapping Generations," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 55(150), pages 214-21, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.