Why Resisting Globalization Can Be Reasonable
AbstractA two-agent model of international trade with oligopoly and increasing returns is proposed to address why there have been persistent anti-trade-liberalization movements. It is shown that all of a country's residents lose from trade under certain conditions on the cross-country cost structure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by AccessEcon in its journal Economics Bulletin.
Volume (Year): 6 (2006)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Murray C. Kemp & Koji Shimomura, 2001. "Gains From Trade in a Cournot-Nash General Equilibrium," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 52(3), pages 284-302.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1979.
"The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS), University of Warwick, Department of Economics
140, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Kemp, M.C. & Wong, K.Y., 1992.
"Gains from Trade with Overlapping Generations,"
Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington, Department of Economics at the University of Washington
92-06, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Kemp, M.C. & Wong, K.Y., 1992. "Gains from Trade with Overlapping Generations," Working Papers, University of Washington, Department of Economics 92-06, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Kenji Fujiwara, 2005. "Unilateral and Multilateral Gains from Trade in International Oligopoly," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 81(255), pages 404-413, December.
- Shy, Oz, 1988. "A general equilibrium model of pareto inferior trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 143-154, August.
- Kemp, Murray C & Long, Ngo Van, 1979. "The Under- Exploitation of Natural Resources: A Model with Overlapping Generations," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 55(150), pages 214-21, September.
- Jagdish N. Bhagwati, 2004. "In Defense of Globalization: It Has a Human Face," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(6), pages 9-20, November-.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.