School Choice and the Benefits of Competition: Evidence from Ontario
AbstractIs there competition between publicly funded Catholic and public schools for students in Ontario? And, if so, does competition improve education quality?
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by C.D. Howe Institute in its journal C.D. Howe Institute Backgrounder.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 115 (October)
public services; public school system; separate school system; Ontario school boards;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I22 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Educational Finance; Financial Aid
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Card & Martin D. Dooley & A. Abigail Payne, 2010.
"School Competition and Efficiency with Publicly Funded Catholic Schools,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 150-76, October.
- David Card & Martin Dooley & Abigail Payne, 2008. "School Competition and Efficiency with Publicly Funded Catholic Schools," NBER Working Papers 14176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Card, David & Dooley, Martin & Payne, Abigail, 2010. "School Competition and Efficiency with Publicly Funded Catholic Schools," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2010-28, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 23 Sep 2010.
- David Card & Martin Dooley & Abigail Payne, 2010. "School Competition and Efficiency with Publicly Funded Catholic Schools," Department of Economics Working Papers 2010-01, McMaster University.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Do Private Schools Provide Competition for Public Schools?," NBER Working Papers 4978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James E. Pesando, 2008. "Risky Assumptions: A closer Look at the Bearing of Investment Risk in Defined-Benefit Pension Plans," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 266, June.
- Christopher Jepsen, 2003. "The Effectiveness of Catholic Primary Schooling," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 38(4).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristine Gray).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.