What is an Unfair Burden? Compensating the Net Cost of Universal Service Provision
AbstractThis paper discusses the net cost of universal service obligations and the potential burden they represent on the universal service provider. Specifically, it analyzes the situation in the postal sector after full liberalization. It considers various interpretations of what an unfair burden might be and discusses the competitive impact of corresponding compensation scenarios by means of a stylized theoretical model with endogenous entry and coverage decisions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Gruyter in its journal Review of Network Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- GAUTIER, Axel & WAUTHY, Xavier, 2010.
"Competitively neutral universal service obligations,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2010061, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gautier, Axel & Wauthy, Xavier, 2012. "Competitively neutral universal service obligations," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 254-261.
- GAUTIER, Axel & WAUTHY, Xavier Yves, . "Competitively neutral universal service obligations," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2455, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Axel Gautier & Xavier Wauthy, 2010. "Competitively Neutral Universal Service Obligations," CREPP Working Papers 1008, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Jaag Christian, 2013.
"Price Regulation and the Financing of Universal Services in Network Industries,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 125-150, September.
- Christian Jaag, 2013. "Price Regulation and the Financing of Universal Services in Network Industries," Working Papers 0039, Swiss Economics.
- Koski, Heli, 2013. "The Impact of the USO on the Profitability of Postal Service Provision in Finland," ETLA Working Papers 22, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Jean-Christophe Poudou & Michel Roland, 2013. "Efficiency of Uniform Pricing in Universal Service Obligation," Working Papers 13-13, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Nov 2013.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.