Bargaining in International Trade under Exchange-Rate Uncertainty
AbstractThis paper examines the implications of various contracting alternatives between exporting and importing firms on the volume of international transactions. The contracts that we study are determined in a bargaining situation under exchange-rate uncertainty. First we look at contracts which entail an ex ante commitment on price and quantity of exports without the possibility of renegotiation ex post. Second, spot contracts, i.e., the price and the quantity of exports are negotiated after the exchange the rate is known. A third type of contracts consists of ex ante commitment and ex post renegotiation. Copyright 1995 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 3 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0965-7576
Other versions of this item:
- Donnenfeld, S. & Zilcha, I., 1993. "Barganing in International Trade under Exchange Rate Uncertainty," Papers 13-93, Tel Aviv.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ligthart, Jenny E. & Werner, Sebastian E. V., 2012.
"Has the Euro affected the choice of invoicing currency?,"
Working Paper Series
1414, European Central Bank.
- Ligthart, Jenny E. & Werner, Sebastian E.V., 2012. "Has the euro affected the choice of invoicing currency?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1551-1573.
- Jenny E. Ligthart & Sebastian E. V. Werner, 2011. "Has the Euro Affected the Choice of Invoicing Currency?," CAMA Working Papers 2011-03, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Jenny Ligthart & Sebastian E. V. Werner, 2010. "Has the Euro Affected the Choice of Invoicing Currency?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3058, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ligthart, J.E. & Werner, S.E.V., 2010. "Has the Euro Affected the Choice of Invoicing Currency?," Discussion Paper 2010-48, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Friberg, Richard, 1996. "On the Role of Pricing Exports in a Third Currency," Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 128, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Friberg, Richard & Wilander, Fredrik, 2007. "Price Setting Transactions and the Role of Denominating Currency in FX Markets," Working Paper Series 201, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.