Effects of a Free Trade Agreement on the Exchange Rate Pass‐through to Import Prices
AbstractThis paper investigates the effect of trade liberalization on the exchange rate pass-through (ERPT) to import prices. To do so, it employs an empirical estimation of the effects of NAFTA on the Mexican ERPT, and uses a Ricardian general equilibrium model. The model identifies the direct relationship between the tariffs and the pass-through by good. The second channel is the effect that tariffs have on the composition of imports, altering indirectly the aggregate pass-through.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 19 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (08)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0965-7576
Other versions of this item:
- Arnoldo Lopez Marmolejo, 2011. "Effects of a Free Trade Agreement on the Exchange Rate Pass-Through to Import Prices," Working Papers 1102, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.