Interpretation of Cointegrating Coefficients in the Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Model
AbstractRegression coefficients are interpreted by a counterfactual experiment. For simultaneous equations this experiment can be implemented if the coefficients are identified, and throws some light on the role of instruments and the method of indirect least squares. This paper discusses another counterfactual experiment in the vector autoregressive model in order to interpret the coefficients of an identified cointegrating relation. The dynamics of the model is used to implement a long-run change by changing the current values. The counterfactual experiment can be conducted precisely when the cointegrating relation is identified. Copyright 2005 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Oxford in its journal Oxford Bulletin of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 67 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (02)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0305-9049
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paolo Paruolo, 2006.
"The Likelihood Ratio Test for the Rank of a Cointegration Submatrix,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 68(s1), pages 921-948, December.
- Paruolo Paolo, 2004. "The likelihood ratio test for the rank of a cointegration submatrix," Economics and Quantitative Methods, Department of Economics, University of Insubria qf04024, Department of Economics, University of Insubria.
- Matthieu Bussière & Alexander Chudik & Giulia Sestieri, 2012.
"Modelling global trade flows: results from a GVAR model,"
Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
119, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Bussière, Matthieu & Chudik, Alexander & Sestieri, Giulia, 2009. "Modelling global trade flows: results from a GVAR model," Working Paper Series, European Central Bank 1087, European Central Bank.
- Samake, Issouf & Yang, Yongzheng, 2014. "Low-income countries’ linkages to BRICS: Are there growth spillovers?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 1-14.
- Çetin, Tamer & Yasin Eryigit, Kadir, 2011. "Estimating the effects of entry regulation in the Istanbul taxicab market," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 45(6), pages 476-484, July.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00750495 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jurgen Doornik & H. Peter Boswijk, 2003.
"Identifying, Estimating and Testing Restricted Cointegrated Systems: An Overview,"
Economics Series Working Papers
2003-W10, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- H. Peter Boswijk & Jurgen A. Doornik, 2004. "Identifying, estimating and testing restricted cointegrated systems: An overview," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 58(4), pages 440-465.
- H. Peter Boswijk & Jurgen Doornik, 2003. "Identifying, Estimating and Testing Restricted Cointegrated Systems: An Overview," Economics Papers 2003-W10, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Møller, Niels Framroze, 2008.
"Bridging Economic Theory Models and the Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Model,"
Economics Discussion Papers
2008-21, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Møller, Niels Framroze, 2008. "Bridging Economic Theory Models and the Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Model," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy, vol. 2(36), pages 1-29.
- Fanelli, Luca & Paruolo, Paolo, 2010.
"Speed of adjustment in cointegrated systems,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 158(1), pages 130-141, September.
- Jean-Bernard Chatelain, 2010.
"Can Statistics Do without Artefacts?,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Juselius, Mikael, 2008. "Long-run relationships between labor and capital: Indirect evidence on the elasticity of substitution," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 739-756, June.
- Fabrizio Coricelli & Boštjan Jazbec & Igor Masten, 2004. "Exchange Rate Policy and Inflation in Acceding Countries: The Role of Pass-through," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-674, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Juan José Echavarría & Enrique López & Sergio Ocampo & Norberto Rodríguez, 2011.
"Choques, instituciones laborales y desempleo en Colombia,"
Borradores de Economia
682, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Juan José Echavarría & Enrique López & Sergio Ocampo & Norberto Rodríguez, 2011. "Choques, instituciones laborales y desempleo en Colombia," ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE.
- Juan José Echavarría & Enrique López & Sergio Ocampo & Norberto Rodríguez, 2011. "Choques, instituciones laborales y desempleo en Colombia," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 009154, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Christian Rojas & Alexandra Andino & Wayne D. Purcell, 2008. "Retailers' response to wholesale price changes: new evidence from scanner-based quantity-weighted beef prices," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 1-15.
- Çetin, Tamer & Yasin Eryigit, Kadir, 2013. "The economic effects of government regulation: Evidence from the New York taxicab market," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 169-177.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.