The composition of household wealth between 1997 and 2003
AbstractBetween 1997 and 2003, households’ wealth has increased much faster than their income due to the revaluation of property assets, and their fi nancial savings have been increasingly channelled into risky investments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Banque de France in its journal Quarterly selection of articles - bulletin de la Banque de France.
Volume (Year): (2008)
Issue (Month): 12 (Summer)
households; financial wealth; real estate wealth; housing and land; financial investments; overnight deposits; housing savings; passbook savings accounts; life insurance; securities; wealth inequalities; portfolio choices; savings; risky assets; diversifi cation; financial accounts; wealth surveys.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luc Arrondel, 1996. "Patrimoine des ménages : toujours le logement, mais aussi les actifs de précaution," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 296(1), pages 33-62.
- André Masson & Luc Arrondel, 1996. "Gestion du risque et comportements patrimoniaux," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 296(1), pages 63-89.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Christine Petit-Djemad).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.