A Study Of The Relation Between Brand Loyalty And Consumer Involvement With Purchase Decision And Product Class
AbstractThis paper aims to analyze the correlations between the components of brand loyalty – brand repurchase intention and brand recommend intention – and consumer purchase involvement, which is reflected by the degree to which consumers seek information about different brands and compare them during their purchase decision-making process. Being conducted in a comparative manner, the research considered the cases of two product classes – durables and nondurables – with an investigation of statistics on the population of urban Romanian consumers. The results show that the more involved the consumers are in the purchase decision for a durable good, the more loyal they are in terms of repurchase intention to a certain preferred brand in that product class. However, there is no similar relation in the case of nondurable goods. The study also shows that the consumers are more loyal, in terms of recommend intention the consumers willing to make in the future, to a certain preferred brand in both durable and nondurable goods when they are more involved in the purchase decision. However, the relation is found stronger in the case of nondurable goods.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business in its journal JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA.
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): ()
involvement; brand loyalty; repurchase & recommend intention; purchase decision; durables & nondurables;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M30 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - General
- M39 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Other
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Slobodan Cerovic, 2006. "Management Of Tourist Companies On The Modern Tourist Market," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 8(19), pages 68-79, February.
- Jasmina GRZINIC, 2008. "Trends in croatian hotel industry," Management and Marketing Journal, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 6(1), pages 122-128, November.
- Jasmina GRZINIC, 2008. "Trends in Croatian hotel industry," Annals of University of Craiova - Economic Sciences Series, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 2(36), pages 905-912, may.
- Emilia Gabroveanu & Roxana Elena Stan & Nicoleta Radneantu, 2009. "Analysis of Main Economic Factors Influence on Romanian Tourists Number Accommodated in Romania, using Anova Method," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 5(05(534)), pages 63-68, May.
- Mohammad SHAMSUDDOHA & Tayub CHOWDHURY, 2009. "Opportunities Of Developing Tourism Industry In Bangladesh," Revista de turism - studii si cercetari in turism / Journal of tourism - studies and research in tourism, "Stefan cel Mare" University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration - Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department., vol. 8(8), pages 22-26, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cornelia Pop).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.