Management Of Tourist Companies On The Modern Tourist Market
AbstractSubstantial differences have characterized modern trends on the tourist market in the period before and after 1990. There is almost no country in the world that does not reckon seriously with tourism in its economic development. The modern-day tourist is an increasingly “spoiled” consumer of tourist services and his/her requirements are specific and partial. The higher standard of living of the population and an ever greater amount of leisure time, as well as the development of transport technology and service technology in general accounted for important changes in the demand, bringing about considerable changes in the supply, primarily in the adaptation of the tourist product to the requirements of an increasingly sophisticated demand and the changes in the process of marketing, management and application. This paper focuses on modern trends on the tourist market and the necessity to apply the knowledge of modern management and marketing.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania in its journal The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal.
Volume (Year): 8 (2006)
Issue (Month): 19 (February)
Tourism; Management; Strategy; Marketing; Globalism.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F - International Economics
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria-Andrada Georgescu & Dana Mihaela Murgescu, 2010. "The Architectural Design Of The Cohesion Policy Within The Eu Budget," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Ovidiu Ioan Moisescu & Dung Anh Vu, 2010. "A Study Of The Relation Between Brand Loyalty And Consumer Involvement With Purchase Decision And Product Class," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Simona-Clara Barsan & Mihaela-Georgia Sima & Ancuta-Maria Puscas & Aurel-Gheorghe Setel, 2010. "Technology Audit - General And Practical Lines," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.