Validation Of Linear Programming Models
AbstractSystematic approaches to validation of linear programming models are discussed for prescriptive and predictive applications to economic problems. Specific references are made to a general linear programming formulation, however, the approaches are applicable to mathematical programming applications in general. Detailed procedures are outlined for validating various aspects of model performance given complete or partial sets of observed, real world values of variables. Alternative evaluation criteria are presented along with procedures for correcting validation problems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 18 (1986)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Renato G. Pieri & Karl D. Meilke & T. Gordon MacAulay, 1977. "North American-Japanese Pork Trade: An Application Of Quadratic Programming," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 25(2), pages 61-79, 07.
- Spreen, Thomas H., 2006. "Price Endogenous Mathematical Programming Models and Trade Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(02), August.
- Lars Brink & Bruce McCari, 1979. "The Adequacy of a Crop Planning Model for Determining Income, Income Change, and Crop Mix," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 27(3), pages 13-25, November.
- Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Berger, Thomas & Sirijinda, Aer & Praneetvatakul, Suwanna, 2009. "The diffusion of greenhouse agriculture in northern Thailand: Combining econometrics and agent-based modeling," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50899, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Serrao, Amilcar & Coelho, Luis, 2004. "Cumulative Prospect Theory: A Study Of The Farmers' Decision Behavior In The Alentejo Dryland Region Of Portugal," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20245, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Veysset, P. & Lherm, M. & Bébin, D., 2010. "Energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions and economic performance assessments in French Charolais suckler cattle farms: Model-based analysis and forecasts," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 41-50, January.
- Serrao, Amilcar & Coelho, Luis, 2006. "The Role of area-yield crop insurance program face to the Mid-term Review of Common Agricultural Policy," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21411, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Berger, Thomas, 2001. "Agent-based spatial models applied to agriculture: a simulation tool for technology diffusion, resource use changes and policy analysis," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 25(2-3), pages 245-260, September.
- Serrao, Amilcar & Coelho, Luis, 2005. "Analysing Farmers' Decision-Making Process Face to the Mid-Term Review of the Common Agricultural Policy in the Alentejo region of Portugal," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19266, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gradiz, L. & Sugimoto, A. & Ujihara, K. & Fukuhara, S. & Kahi, A.K. & Hirooka, H., 2007. "Beef cow-calf production system integrated with sugarcane production: Simulation model development and application in Japan," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 750-762, June.
- Bathgate, Andrew D. & Kingwell, Ross S. & O'Connell, Michael, 1999. "WOOL’S FUTURE in WESTERN AUSTRALIA and the R&D IMPLICATIONS: A Discussion Paper," 1999 Conference (43th), January 20-22, 1999, Christchurch, New Zealand 123761, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Schreinemachers, Pepijn & Berger, Thomas & Aune, Jens B., 2007. "Simulating soil fertility and poverty dynamics in Uganda: A bio-economic multi-agent systems approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 387-401, December.
- Pannell, David J. & Kingwell, Ross S. & Schilizzi, Steven, 1996. "Debugging Mathematical Programming Models: Principles and Practical Strategies," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 64(01), April.
- McCarl, Bruce A., 1984. "Model Validation: An Overview with some Emphasis on Risk Models," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 52(03), December.
- Ford, Stephen A. & Ford, Beth Pride & Spreen, Thomas H., 1995. "Evaluation Of Alternative Risk Specifications In Farm Programming Models," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 24(1), April.
- Nedumaran, S., 2013. "Tradeoff between Non-farm Income and on-farm conservation investments in the Semi-Arid Tropics of India," 2013 Conference (57th), February 5-8, 2013, Sydney, Australia 152171, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Crosson, P. & O'Kiely, P. & O'Mara, F.P. & Wallace, M., 2006. "The development of a mathematical model to investigate Irish beef production systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 349-370, September.
- McCarl, Bruce A., 1998. "A Note On Fixing Misbehaving Mathematical Programs: Post-Optimality Procedures And Gams-Related Software," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 30(02), December.
- Veysset, P. & Bebin, D. & Lherm, M., 2005. "Adaptation to Agenda 2000 (CAP reform) and optimisation of the farming system of French suckler cattle farms in the Charolais area: a model-based study," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 179-202, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.