Dynamic Price Adjustments Between Commercial And Purebred Cattle Markets
AbstractVector autoregression was utilized to investigate dynamic relationships existing between prices of purebred bulls and prices of slaughter steers, utility cows, feeder calves, and cow-calf pairs. Results suggest purebred bull prices respond most quickly to an increase in utility cow prices (proxy for slaughter bull prices). Feeder calf prices exhibited the most pronounced positive effect on the price of herd sires, with a lagged response which took over two years to build.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (1988)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
Demand and Price Analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Spreen, Thomas H. & Shonkwiler, John Scott, 1981. "Causal Relationships In The Fed Cattle Market," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(01), July.
- David A. Bessler, 1984. "An Analysis of Dynamic Economic Relationships: An Application to the U.S. Hog Market," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 32(1), pages 109-124, 03.
- Babula, Ronald A. & Romain, Robert F.J., 1991. "Canada's Broiler Supply Management Program: A Shield From U.S. Price Volatility," Journal of Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 4.
- Ronald A. Babula & David A. Bessler & Gerald E. Schluter, 1991. "Corn|broiler price transmissions and structural change since the 1950s," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(3), pages 269-284.
- Ronald A. Babula & Robert F. J. Remain, 1990. "Dynamic corn-broiler price relationships: The cases of the United States and Canada," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 371-385.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.