Analysis Of Factors Affecting Cow Auction Price Differentials
AbstractData from Kansas cattle auctions were analyzed to estimate the impact a wide variety of physical characteristics had upon cow prices. Weight, lot size, health, pregnancy, grade, dressing percent, breed, time of sale, and market location were important factors affecting the differences in cow prices across lots on a given day. Results suggest that producers interested in maximizing the price they receive for their cows should market healthy cows in desirable lot sizes at higher dressing percentages.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southern Agricultural Economics Association in its journal Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (1990)
Issue (Month): 02 (December)
Demand and Price Analysis;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schroeder, Ted C. & Mintert, James R. & Brazle, Frank & Grunewald, Orlen C., 1988. "Factors Affecting Feeder Cattle Price Differentials," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(01), July.
- Singh-Knights, Doolarie & Smith, Dennis K. & Knights, Marlon, 2005. "A Hedonic Analysis of Sheep and Goat Prices in a Changing Environment: The Role of Consumers and Implications for Management," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19289, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- J. Shannon Neibergs, 2001. "A hedonic price analysis of thoroughbred broodmare characteristics," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(2), pages 299-314.
- Parcell, Joseph L. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C. & Patterson, David J. & Randle, Richard, 2005. "The Value of Carcass Characteristic EPDs in Bred Heifer Price," 2005 Conference, April 18-19, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri 19041, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Pierce, Vern L. & Parcell, Joseph L. & Randle, Richard & Patterson, David J., 1999. "Determinants Of Sale Price And Farm Value In The Missouri Show-Me Select Replacement Heifer Program," 1999 Annual meeting, August 8-11, Nashville, TN 21545, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kalyn T. Coatney & Sherrill L. Shaffer & Dale J. Menkhaus, 2011.
"Auction Prices, Market Share, and a Common Agent,"
CAMA Working Papers
2011-24, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.