Dominant Factors Impacting The Development Of Business-To-Business (B2b) E-Commerce In Agriculture
AbstractThere is still much optimism about the potential success of e-commerce in agriculture. Three dominant factors have impacted this development: (1) industry structure; (2) product complexity; and (3) the high-touch nature of transactions. In turn, these factors have led to several different potential types of strategic options. From a mix of these strategic options, potential scenarios have been analyzed and selected. These potential scenarios are the future of business-to-business (B2B) commerce in agriculture.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA) in its journal International Food and Agribusiness Management Review.
Volume (Year): 04 (2001)
Issue (Month): 02 ()
Agribusiness; Industrial Organization;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Perry, Gregory M. & Robison, Lindon J., 1999. "Personal Relationships: Do They Influence The Sale Price Of Land?," 1999 Annual Meeting, July 11-14, 1999, Fargo, ND 35685, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Mathews, Kenneth H., Jr. & Hahn, William F. & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Duewer, Lawrence A. & Gustafson, Ronald A., 1999. "U.S. Beef Industry: Cattle Cycles, Price Spreads, and Packer Concentration," Technical Bulletins 33583, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Thompson, Shelley J. & Hayenga, Marvin L. & Hayes, Dermot J., 2000. "E-Agribusiness," Staff General Research Papers 1850, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hayenga, Marvin L. & Wisner, Robert N., 1999. "Cargill's Acquisition of Continental Grain's Grain Merchandising Business," Staff General Research Papers 1496, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shoemaker, Robbin A. & Harwood, Joy L. & Day-Rubenstein, Kelly A. & Dunahay, Terry & Heisey, Paul W. & Hoffman, Linwood A. & Klotz-Ingram, Cassandra & Lin, William W. & Mitchell, Lorraine & McBride, W, 2001. "Economic Issues In Agricultural Biotechnology," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33735, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- MacDonald, James M. & Ollinger, Michael & Nelson, Kenneth E. & Handy, Charles R., 2000. "Consolidation In U.S. Meatpacking," Agricultural Economics Reports 34021, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Allen, Douglas W & Lueck, Dean, 1992. "The "Back Forty" on a Handshake: Specific Assets, Reputation, and the Structure of Farmland Contracts," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 366-76, April.
- Henderson, Jason R. & Dooley, Frank J. & Akridge, Jay T., 2000. "Adoption Of E-Commerce Strategies For Agribusiness Firms," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21771, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kaufman, Phillip R. & Handy, Charles R. & McLaughlin, Edward W. & Park, Kristen & Green, Geoffrey M., 2000. "Understanding The Dynamics Of Produce Markets: Consumption And Consolidation Grow," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33747, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Sarahelen Thompson & Steven T. Sonka, 1997. "Potential Effects of Information Technologies on the Economic Performance of Agricultural and Food Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 657-662.
- Fritz, Melanie & Hausen, Tobias & Schiefer, Gerhard, 2004. "Developments and Development Directions of Electronic Trade Platforms in US and European Agri-Food Markets: Impact on Sector Organization," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 7(01).
- Batte, Marvin T. & Ernst, Stanley C., 2007. "Net Gains from 'Net Purchases? Farmers' Preferences for Online and Local Input Purchases," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 36(1), April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.