A Simple Coase-Like Mechanism that Transfers Control of Government Spending Levels from Politicians to Voters
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edgar L. Feige & Ivica Urban, 2003. "Estimating the Size and Growth of Unrecorded Economic Activity in Transition Countries: A Re-evaluation of Electric Consumption Method Estimates and their Implications," Macroeconomics 0311010, EconWPA.
- Michael Alexeev & William Pyle, 2001.
"A Note on Measuring the Unofficial Economy in the Former Soviet Republics,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
436, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Michael Alexeev & William Pyle, 2002. "A Note on Measuring the Unofficial Economy in the Former Soviet Republics," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0230, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordspolitical incentives; government spending; mechanism design; balanced budget amendments;
- H61 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Budget; Budget Systems
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H72 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Budget and Expenditures
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-05-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2007-05-19 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-PBE-2007-05-19 (Public Economics)
- NEP-POL-2007-05-19 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2007-05-19 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwedp:5526. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .