The Economics of Scientific Research Coalitions: Collaborative Network Formation in the Presence of Multiple Funding Agencies
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Paul A. David & Louise C. Keely, 2003. "The Economics of Scientific Research Coalitions: Collaborative Network Formation in the Presence of Multiple Funding Agencies," Chapters,in: Science and Innovation, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- David,P.A. & Keely,L.C., 2002. "The economics of scientific research coalitions : collaborative network formation in the presence of multiple funding agencies," Working papers 11, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paula E. Stephan & Sharon G. Levin, 1997. "The Critical Importance of Careers in Collaborative Scientific Research," Revue d'Économie Industrielle, Programme National Persée, vol. 79(1), pages 45-61.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1998:i:49-50:p:06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sharp, Margaret, 1998. "Competitiveness and cohesion--are the two compatible?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 569-588, September.
- Diana Hicks & J Sylvan Katz, 1996. "Science policy for a highly collaborative science system," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 39-44, February.
- Debraj Ray & Rajiv Vohra, 2001. "Coalitional Power and Public Goods," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(6), pages 1355-1384, December.
- Garcia-fontes, Walter & Geuna, Aldo, 1995. "The dynamics of research networks in Brite-Euram," Research Memorandum 014, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Aldo Geuna, 1999. "The Economics of Knowledge Production," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1689, November.
- Stephan, Paula E., 2010. "The Economics of Science," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, Elsevier.
- Alfonso Gambardella & Walter Garcia-Fontes, 1996.
"Regional Linkages Through European Research Funding,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 123-138.
- Alfonso Gambardella & Walter Garcia Fontes, 1994. "Regional linkages through European research funding," Economics Working Papers 97, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Ray, Debraj & Vohra, Rajiv, 1999.
"A Theory of Endogenous Coalition Structures,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 286-336, January.
- Debraj Ray & Rajiv Vohra, 1996. "A Theory of Endogenous Coalition Structure," Papers 0068, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Debraj Ray & Rajiv Vohra, 1998. "A Theory of Endogenous Coalition Structures," Working Papers 98-1, Brown University, Department of Economics, revised Jan 1998.
- Ray, D. & Vohra, R., 1996. "A Theory of Endogenous Coalition Structure," Papers 68, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Francis Bloch, 1995. "Endogenous Structures of Association in Oligopolies," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(3), pages 537-556, Autumn.
- Ashish Arora & Alfonso Gambardella, 1996. "Reputation and competence in publicly funded scientific research," Industrial Organization 9605002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David, P. A. & Geuna, Aldo & Steinmueller, W. Edward, 1995. "Additionality as a principle of European R & D funding," Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Keely, Louise C., 2003. "Exchanging good ideas," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 192-213, August.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1998:i:49-50:p:07 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1998:i:49-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul David, 2001.
"From Keeping 'Nature's Secrets' to the Institutionalization of 'Open Science',"
Oxford University Economic and Social History Series
_023, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Paul A. David, 2001. "From Keeping 'Nature's Secrets' to the Institutionalization of 'Open Science'," Working Papers 01006, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- David, Paul A, 1998. "Common Agency Contracting and the Emergence of "Open Science" Institutions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 15-21, May.
- Ashish Arora & Paul David & Alfonso Gambardella, 1998. "Reputation and Competence in Publicly Funded Science: Estimating the Effects on Research Group Productivity," Annals of Economics and Statistics, GENES, issue 49-50, pages 163-198.
- Katz, J. Sylvan & Martin, Ben R., 1997. "What is research collaboration?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 1-18, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2002. "The Governance of Knowledge Commons," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200203, University of Turin.
- repec:spr:scient:v:74:y:2008:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-008-0107-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2003. "The Governance of Technological Knowledge: Strategies, Processes and Public Policies," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 200306, University of Turin.
- Jackie Krafft & Francesco Quatraro, 2011. "The Dynamics of Technological Knowledge: From Linearity to Recombination," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economic Complexity of Technological Change, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mukherjee, Arijit & Stern, Scott, 2009. "Disclosure or secrecy? The dynamics of Open Science," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 449-462, May.
More about this item
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- H - Public Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwppe:0502004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.