The Seer-Sucker Theory: The Value of Experts in Forecasting
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jaffe, Jeffrey F, 1974. "Special Information and Insider Trading," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(3), pages 410-428, July.
- Copeland, Ronald M & Marioni, Robert J, 1972. "Executives' Forecasts of Earnings per Share versus Forecasts of Naive Models," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(4), pages 497-512, October.
- Finnerty, Joseph E, 1976. "Insiders and Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1141-1148, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:15:y:1977:i:2:p:226-244 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kamin, J. Y. & Ronen, J., 1978. "The smoothing of income numbers: Some empirical evidence on systematic differences among management-controlled and owner-controlled firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 141-157, June.
- Philip Brown & Victor Niederhoffer, 1968. "The Predictive Content of Quarterly Earnings," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41, pages 488-488.
- repec:bla:joares:v:17:y:1979:i:2:p:316-340 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:17:y:1979:i:1:p:140-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barefield, Russell M. & Comiskey, Eugene E., 1975. "The accuracy of analysts' forecasts of earnings per share," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 241-252, July.
- Fried, Dov & Givoly, Dan, 1982. "Financial analysts' forecasts of earnings : A better surrogate for market expectations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 85-107, October.
- Brown, Lawrence D & Rozeff, Michael S, 1978. "The Superiority of Analyst Forecasts as Measures of Expectations: Evidence from Earnings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 1-16, March.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:2:p:390-406 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. G. Cragg & Burton G. Malkiel, 1968. "The Consensus And Accuracy Of Some Predictions Of The Growth Of Corporate Earnings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(1), pages 67-84, March.
- Chant, Peter D, 1980. " On the Predictability of Corporate Earnings Per Share Behavior," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-21, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J. S. Armstrong, 2005. "Review of Ravi Batra, The Great Depression of 1990 (Simon and Schuster, New York, 1985)," General Economics and Teaching 0502021, EconWPA.
- J. Scott Armstrong & Kesten C. Green & Willie Soon, 2008.
"Polar Bear Population Forecasts: A Public-Policy Forecasting Audit,"
INFORMS, vol. 38(5), pages 382-405, October.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Green, Kesten C. & Soon, Willie, 2007. "Polar Bear Population Forecasts: A Public-Policy Forecasting Audit," MPRA Paper 6317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- JS Armstrong, 2005. "Strategic Planning And Forecasting Fundamentals," General Economics and Teaching 0502066, EconWPA.
- Kesten C. Green & J. Scott Armstrong, 2004. "Value of Expertise For Forecasting Decisions in Conflicts," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 27/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
More about this item
Keywordsseer-sucker theory; experts; forecasting;
- A - General Economics and Teaching
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-12 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpgt:0412009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: http://econwpa.repec.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.