The Accounting Variable And Stock Price Determination
Several tests have been conducted to determine which valuation model best fits stock price data. Given very little success, those studies suggest the need for a clear understanding of the market process of stock price determination. This paper advances the concepts of product costing and product pricing, which pertain to financial accounting valuation and the stock market price determination, respectively. This research effort presents a workable hypothesis of stock price determination.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vickers, Douglas, 1970. "The Cost of Capital and the Structure of the Firm," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(1), pages 35-46, March.
- Arzac, Enrique R, 1975. "Structural Planning under Controllable Business Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(5), pages 1229-37, December.
- Shiller, Robert J, 1990. "A Scott-Type Regression Test of the Dividend Ratio Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 356-61, May.
- Lindenberg, Eric B & Ross, Stephen A, 1981. "Tobin's q Ratio and Industrial Organization," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Greenberg, Edward & Marshall, William J & Yawitz, Jess B, 1978. "The Technology of Risk and Return," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(3), pages 241-51, June.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1988.
"Stock Prices, Earnings and Expected Dividends,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
858, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Campbell, John & Shiller, Robert, 1988. "Stock Prices, Earnings, and Expected Dividends," Scholarly Articles 3224293, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Campbell, J.Y. & Shiller, R.J., 1988. "Stock Prices, Earnings And Expected Dividends," Papers 334, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1988. "Stock Prices, Earnings and Expected Dividends," NBER Working Papers 2511, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stavros B. Thomadakis, 1976. "A Model of Market Power, Valuation and the Firm's Returns," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 7(1), pages 150-162, Spring.
- Scott, Louis O, 1985. "The Present Value Model of Stock Prices: Regression Tests and Monte Carlo Results," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(4), pages 599-605, November.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1970. "Financial Structure and the Theory of Production," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(5), pages 1061-80, December.
- Kleidon, Allan W, 1986. "Variance Bounds Tests and Stock Price Valuation Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 953-1001, October.
- Kormendi, Roger & Lipe, Robert, 1987. "Earnings Innovations, Earnings Persistence, and Stock Returns," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 323-45, July.
- Stanley C. W. Salvary, 2005. "On Financial Accounting Measurement: A Reconsideration Of Sfac 5 By The Fasb Is Needed," Finance 0502015, EconWPA.
- James Tobin, 1977. "Monetary Policies and the Economy -- The Transmission Mechanism," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 456, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpfi:0502011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.