Local responses to a global monetary policy: The regional structure of financial systems
This paper contrast the existence of different regional effects of an homogeneous monetary policy and study the local characteristics that underlie these differential responses. To this purpose I use regional data and estimate a structural vector autoregression model (VAR) to characterize the different regional responses. Afterwards I use the estimated responses to analyze if the responses depends on the regional characteristics of the financial system, like industry composition, firms size or banking sector composition.
|Date of creation:||Aug 1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gottfries, N. & Westermak, A., 1995.
"Nominal Wage Contracts and the Persistent Effects of Monetary Policy,"
1995-22, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Gottfries, Nils & Westermark, Andreas, 1998. "Nominal wage contracts and the persistent effects of monetary policy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 207-223, February.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Mihov, Ilian, 1997.
"What does the Bundesbank target?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 1025-1053, June.
- Kashyap, Anil K. & Stein, Jeremy C., 1995.
"The impact of monetary policy on bank balance sheets,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 151-195, June.
- Anil K Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein, 1994. "The Impact of Monetary Policy on Bank Balance Sheets," NBER Working Papers 4821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben Bernanke, 1990.
"The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transnission,"
NBER Working Papers
3487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S & Blinder, Alan S, 1992. "The Federal Funds Rate and the Channels of Monetary Transmission," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 901-21, September.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Alan S. Blinder, 1989. "The federal funds rate and the channels of monetary transmission," Working Papers 89-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa98p249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.