Can subjective well-being predict unemployment length ?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helliwell, John & Huang, Haifang, 2011. "New measures of the costs of unemployment: Evidence from the subjective well-being of 2.3 million Americans," Working Papers 2011-3, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Wulfgramm, Melike, 2012. "Country-specific life satisfaction effects of unemployment: Does labour market policy matter?," Working papers of the ZeS 07/2012, University of Bremen, Centre for Social Policy Research (ZeS).
- Wen-Hao Chen & Feng Hou, 2019. "The Effect of Unemployment on Life Satisfaction: A Cross-National Comparison Between Canada, Germany, the United Kingdom and the United States," Applied Research in Quality of Life, Springer;International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies, vol. 14(4), pages 1035-1058, September.
- Anne C. Gielen & Jan C. Ours, 2014.
"Unhappiness and Job Finding,"
Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 81(323), pages 544-565, July.
- Gielen, A. C. & van Ours, J.C., 2012. "Unhappiness and Job Finding," Other publications TiSEM e0e3f280-9ccb-4f1d-a209-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Anne C. Gielen & Jan C. van Ours, 2012. "Unhappiness and Job Finding," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 437, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Gielen, A. C. & van Ours, J.C., 2012. "Unhappiness and Job Finding," Discussion Paper 2012-011, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- van Ours, Jan C. & Gielen, Anne, 2012. "Unhappiness and job finding," CEPR Discussion Papers 8842, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gielen, Anne C. & van Ours, Jan C., 2012. "Unhappiness and Job Finding," IZA Discussion Papers 6320, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Marcin PiekaÅ‚kiewicz, 2017. "Why do economists study happiness?," The Economic and Labour Relations Review, , vol. 28(3), pages 361-377, September.
- Kelsey J. O'Connor, 2020. "Life Satisfaction and Noncognitive Skills: Effects on the Likelihood of Unemployment," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 73(4), pages 568-604, November.
- Alexander Krauss & Carol Graham, 2013.
"Subjective wellbeing in Colombia: some insights on vulnerability, job security, and relative incomes,"
International Journal of Happiness and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(3), pages 233-260.
- Krauss, Alexander & Graham, Carol, 2013. "Subjective wellbeing in Colombia : some insights on vulnerability, job security, and relative incomes," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6672, The World Bank.
- Krause, Annabelle, 2013. "Don’t worry, be happy? Happiness and reemployment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 1-20.
- Krause-Pilatus, Annabelle, 2014. "Happiness and Work," IZA Discussion Papers 8435, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Jonathan L. Chia & Andree Hartanto, 2021. "Older Adult Employment Status and Well-Being: A Longitudinal Bidirectional Analysis," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 18(23), pages 1-19, November.
- John F. Helliwell & Haifang Huang, 2014.
"New Measures Of The Costs Of Unemployment: Evidence From The Subjective Well-Being Of 3.3 Million Americans,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(4), pages 1485-1502, October.
- John F. Helliwell & Haifang Huang, 2011. "New measures of the costs of unemployment: Evidence from the subjective well-being of 3.3 million Americans," NBER Working Papers 16829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor Markets; Labor Policies; Population Policies; Youth and Governance; Economic Theory&Research;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Roula I. Yazigi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.