An evaluation of the initial impact of the medical assistance program for the poor in Georgia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hsiao, William C. L., 1995. "The Chinese health care system: Lessons for other nations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1047-1055, October.
- Christiaensen, Luc & Alderman, Harold, 2004. "Child Malnutrition in Ethiopia: Can Maternal Knowledge Augment the Role of Income?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(2), pages 287-312, January.
- Doherty, Jim P. & Norton, Edward C. & Veney, James E., 2001. "China's one-child policy: the economic choices and consequences faced by pregnant women," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 745-761, March.
- Smith, Lisa C. & Haddad, Lawrence James, 2000. "Explaining child malnutrition in developing countries: a cross-country analysis," Research reports 111, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Akin, John S. & Dow, William H. & Lance, Peter M., 2004. "Did the distribution of health insurance in China continue to grow less equitable in the nineties? Results from a longitudinal survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 293-304, January.
- Henderson, Gail & Akin, John & Zhiming, Li & Shuigao, Jin & Haijiang, Ma & Keyou, Ge, 1994. "Equity and the utilization of health services: Report of an eight-province survey in China," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 687-699, September.
- Handa, Sudhanshu, 1999. "Maternal Education and Child Height," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 421-439, January.
- Duncan Thomas & John Strauss & Maria-Helena Henriques, 1991. "How Does Mother's Education Affect Child Height?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(2), pages 183-211.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2004.
"Correlates and determinants of child anthropometrics in Latin America: background and overview of the symposium,"
Economics & Human Biology,
Elsevier, pages 335-351.
- Jere R. Behrman & Emmanuel Skoufias, 2004. "Correlates and Determinants of Child Anthropometrics in Latin America: Background and Overview of the Symposium," Research Department Publications 3191, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Liu, Xingzhu & Mills, Anne, 2002. "Financing reforms of public health services in China: lessons for other nations," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(11), pages 1691-1698, June.
- Anne Case & Darren Lubotsky & Christina Paxson, 2002.
"Economic Status and Health in Childhood: The Origins of the Gradient,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1308-1334, December.
- Anne Case & Darren Lubotsky & Christina Paxson, 2001. "Economic Status and Health in Childhood: The Origins of the Gradient," NBER Working Papers 8344, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anne Case & Darren Lubotsky & Christina Paxson, 2002. "Economic status and health in childhood: the origins of the gradient," Working Papers 262, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Lawrence Haddad & Harold Alderman & Simon Appleton & Lina Song & Yisehac Yohannes, 2003. "Reducing Child Malnutrition: How Far Does Income Growth Take Us?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 107-131, June.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2007. "China's (uneven) progress against poverty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 1-42, January.
- Strauss, J. & Thomas, D., 1995. "Empirical Modeling of Household and Family Decisions," Papers 95-12, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Anson, Ofra, 2004. "Utilization of maternal care in rural HeBei Province, the People's Republic of China: individual and structural characteristics," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 197-206, November.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Deolalikar, Anil B., 1988. "Health and nutrition," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 631-711 Elsevier.
- Paul Glewwe, 1999. "Why Does Mother's Schooling Raise Child Health in Developing Countries? Evidence from Morocco," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(1), pages 124-159.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Health Systems Development&Reform; Health Economics&Finance; Health Law;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2008-09-13 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-HEA-2008-09-13 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2008-09-13 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4588. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .