Selection into and across Credit Contracts: Theory and Field Research
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ahlin, Christian & Townsend, Robert M., 2007. "Selection into and across credit contracts: Theory and field research," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(2), pages 665-698, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2000. "Screening by the Company You Keep: Joint Liability Lending and the Peer Selection Effect," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 601-631, July.
- Ghatak, Maitreesh, 1999. "Group lending, local information and peer selection," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 27-50, October.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Adonis Yatchew, 1998. "Nonparametric Regression Techniques in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 669-721, June.
- Prescott, Edward Simpson & Townsend, Robert M., 2002. "Collective Organizations versus Relative Performance Contracts: Inequality, Risk Sharing, and Moral Hazard," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 282-310, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Madeira, Gabriel A. & Townsend, Robert M., 2008. "Endogenous groups and dynamic selection in mechanism design," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 259-293, September.
- Kuersten, Wolfgang & Linde, Rainer, 2011. "Corporate hedging versus risk-shifting in financially constrained firms: The time-horizon matters!," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 502-525, June.
- Christian Ahlin, 2010. "Matching for Credit: Risk and Diversification in Thai Microcredit Groups," Working Papers id:2588, eSocialSciences.
- Madajewicz, Malgosia, 2011. "Joint liability versus individual liability in credit contracts," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 107-123, February.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Somanathan, Rohini & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2013.
"Repayment incentives and the distribution of gains from group lending,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 131-139.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Rohini Somanathan & Zaki Wahhaj, 2010. "Repayment Incentives And The Distribution Of Gains From Group Lending," Working papers 192, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Somanathan, Rohini & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2011. "Repayment incentives and the distribution of gains from group lending," CEPR Discussion Papers 8197, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ashok Rai & Stefan Klonner, 2007.
"Adverse Selection in Credit Markets: Evidence from a Policy Experiment,"
Center for Development Economics
2007-01, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Ashok Rai & Stefan Klonner, 2007. "Adverse Selection in Credit Markets: Evidence from a Policy Experiment," Department of Economics Working Papers 2007-01, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Weerachart T. Kilenthong & Gabriel A. Madeira, 2017.
"Observability and endogenous organizations,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 63(3), pages 587-619, March.
- Weerachart T. Kilenthong & Gabriel A. Madeira, 2010. "Observability and Endogenous Organizations," Working Papers 05-2010, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- Gabriel de Abreu Madeira, 2015. "Observability and Endogenous Organizations," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2015_27, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Weerachart Kilenthong & Gabriel Madeira, 2015. "Observability and Endogenous Organizations," PIER Discussion Papers 13., Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Dec 2015.
- Lehner, Maria, 2009. "Group Lending versus Individual Lending in Microfinance," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 299, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Ahlin, Christian & Jiang, Neville, 2008.
"Can micro-credit bring development?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 1-21, April.
- Christian Ahlin & Neville Jiang, 2005. "Can Micro-Credit Bring Development?," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 05019, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Katzur, Tomek & Lensink, Robert, 2012. "Group lending with correlated project outcomes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 445-447.
- Lehner, Maria, 2008. "Group versus Individual Lending in Microfinance," Discussion Papers in Economics 7486, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit markets; group participation; empirical contract theory; micro-credit;
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2004-12-20 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIC-2004-12-20 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:van:wpaper:0323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley). General contact details of provider: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/wparchive/index.html .