Selection into and across Credit Contracts: Theory and Field Research
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ahlin, Christian & Townsend, Robert M., 2007. "Selection into and across credit contracts: Theory and field research," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(2), pages 665-698, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghatak, Maitreesh, 2000. "Screening by the Company You Keep: Joint Liability Lending and the Peer Selection Effect," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 601-631, July.
- Ghatak, Maitreesh, 1999. "Group lending, local information and peer selection," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 27-50, October.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Adonis Yatchew, 1998. "Nonparametric Regression Techniques in Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(2), pages 669-721, June.
- Prescott, Edward Simpson & Townsend, Robert M., 2002. "Collective Organizations versus Relative Performance Contracts: Inequality, Risk Sharing, and Moral Hazard," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 282-310, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kuersten, Wolfgang & Linde, Rainer, 2011. "Corporate hedging versus risk-shifting in financially constrained firms: The time-horizon matters!," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 502-525, June.
- Madajewicz, Malgosia, 2011. "Joint liability versus individual liability in credit contracts," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 107-123, February.
- Weerachart T. Kilenthong & Gabriel A. Madeira, 2017.
"Observability and endogenous organizations,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 63(3), pages 587-619, March.
- Weerachart T. Kilenthong & Gabriel A. Madeira, 2010. "Observability and Endogenous Organizations," Working Papers 05-2010, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- Gabriel de Abreu Madeira, 2015. "Observability and Endogenous Organizations," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2015_27, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Weerachart Kilenthong & Gabriel Madeira, 2015. "Observability and Endogenous Organizations," PIER Discussion Papers 13., Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Dec 2015.
- Ashok Rai & Stefan Klonner, 2007.
"Adverse Selection in Credit Markets: Evidence from a Policy Experiment,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
2007-01, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Ashok Rai & Stefan Klonner, 2007. "Adverse Selection in Credit Markets: Evidence from a Policy Experiment," Center for Development Economics 2007-01, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Ahlin, Christian & Jiang, Neville, 2008.
"Can micro-credit bring development?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 1-21, April.
- Christian Ahlin & Neville Jiang, 2005. "Can Micro-Credit Bring Development?," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 05019, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Lehner, Maria, 2008. "Group versus Individual Lending in Microfinance," Discussion Papers in Economics 7486, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Madeira, Gabriel A. & Townsend, Robert M., 2008. "Endogenous groups and dynamic selection in mechanism design," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 259-293, September.
- Christian Ahlin, 2010. "Matching for Credit: Risk and Diversification in Thai Microcredit Groups," Working Papers id:2588, eSocialSciences.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Somanathan, Rohini & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2013.
"Repayment incentives and the distribution of gains from group lending,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 131-139.
- Jean-Marie Baland & Rohini Somanathan & Zaki Wahhaj, 2010. "Repayment Incentives And The Distribution Of Gains From Group Lending," Working papers 192, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Somanathan, Rohini & Wahhaj, Zaki, 2011. "Repayment incentives and the distribution of gains from group lending," CEPR Discussion Papers 8197, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:nms:untern:10.5771/0042-059x-2013-1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lehner, Maria, 2009. "Group Lending versus Individual Lending in Microfinance," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 299, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Ahlin, Christian & Gulesci, Selim & Madestam, Andreas & Stryjan, Miri, 2018. "Loan Contract Structure and Adverse Selection: Survey Evidence from Uganda," CEPR Discussion Papers 12742, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Katzur, Tomek & Lensink, Robert, 2012. "Group lending with correlated project outcomes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 445-447.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit markets; group participation; empirical contract theory; micro-credit;
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2004-12-20 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIC-2004-12-20 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:van:wpaper:0323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley). General contact details of provider: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/wparchive/index.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.