Inequalities for a new data-based method for selecting nonparametric density estimates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Devroye, Luc, 1982. "Bounds for the uniform deviation of empirical measures," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 72-79, March.
- Duc Devroye & J. Beirlant & R. Cao & R. Fraiman & P. Hall & M. Jones & Gábor Lugosi & E. Mammen & J. Marron & C. Sánchez-Sellero & J. Uña & F. Udina & L. Devroye, 1997. "Universal smoothing factor selection in density estimation: theory and practice," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 6(2), pages 223-320, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luc Devroye & Gábor Lugosi, 1998. "Variable Kernel estimates: On the impossibility of tuning the parameters," Economics Working Papers 325, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Luc Devroye & Gábor Lugosi, 1999. "Almost sure testability of classes of densities," Economics Working Papers 375, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
More about this item
KeywordsDensity estimation; Kernel estimate; convergence; smoothing factor; minimum distance estimate; asymptotic optimality;
- C13 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Estimation: General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1998-09-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-1998-09-14 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-1998-09-14 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:281. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .