When "hope springs eternal": The role of chance in risk taking
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cowley, Elizabeth, 2013. "Forgetting the anxiety: Gamblers' reactions to outcome uncertainty," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1591-1597.
More about this item
KeywordsSkill; chance; overconfidence; optimism; competition; risk taking; gender differences;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics: Underlying Principles
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2009-01-10 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2009-01-10 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HRM-2009-01-10 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2009-01-10 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2009-01-10 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:1131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .