Tracing the Monetary Policy Reaction Functions for the Case of a Small Developing Economy
The paper outlines some alternative methodologies for estimating the monetary policy reaction function. It also discusses some of the advantages and disadvantages for each available alternative to be implemented in the case of small developing economies. Additionally, a simple case study using Indonesia’s data set was carried out. The result indicates that an estimated simple backward-looking reaction function is capable of capturing the path of policy instrument variable quite well.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2003|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Jalan Cimandiri No.6, Bandung 40115|
Web page: http://ceds.fe.unpad.ac.id
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, 1998.
"Performance of Operational Policy Rules in an Estimated Semi-Classical Structural Model,"
NBER Working Papers
6599, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, 1999. "Performance of Operational Policy Rules in an Estimated Semiclassical Structural Model," NBER Chapters, in: Monetary Policy Rules, pages 15-56 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, 1998. "Performance of operational policy rules in an estimated semi-classical structural model," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Mar.
- Bennett T. McCallum & Edward Nelson, "undated". "Performance of Operational Policy Rules in an Estimated Semi-Classical Structural Model," GSIA Working Papers 1998-22, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Carl E. Walsh, 2003. "Monetary Theory and Policy, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232316.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unp:wpaper:200301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Arief Anshory Yusuf)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.