Censoring of Outcomes and Regressors Due to Survey Nonresponse: Identification and estimation Using Weights and Imputations
Survey nonresponse makes identification of population statistics problematic. Except in special cases, identification is possible only if one makes untestable assumptions about the distribution of the missing data. However, non-response does not preclude identification of bounds on population statistics. This paper shows how identified bounds on unidentified population statistics can be obtained under several forms of nonresponse. Organizations conducting major surveys commonly release public-use data files that provide nonresponse weights or imputations to be used for estimating population statistics. The paper shows how to bound the asymptotic bias of estimates using weights and imputations. The results are illustrated with empirical examples based on the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1995|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (319) 335-0829
Fax: (319) 335-1956
Web page: http://tippie.uiowa.edu/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manski, C.F., 1990. "The Selection Problem," Working papers 90-12, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Horowitz, Joel L & Manski, Charles F, 1995. "Identification and Robustness with Contaminated and Corrupted Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(2), pages 281-302, March.
- repec:att:wimass:9217 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uia:iowaec:95-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Solow)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.