Innovation and Job Creation in a Small Open Economy Evidence from Norwegian Manufacturing Plants 1982-92
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jakob Klette & Svein Erik Førre, 1998. "Innovation And Job Creation In A Smallopen Economy-Evidence From Norwegian Manufacturing Plants 1982-92," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2-4), pages 247-272.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Van Roy, Vincent & Vertesy, Daniel & Vivarelli, Marco, 2015. "Innovation and Employment in Patenting Firms: Empirical Evidence from Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 9147, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francesco Bogliacino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2011.
"The impact of R&D on employment in Europe: A firm-level analysis,"
DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali
dises1176, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Francesco Bogliacino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2011. "The impact of R&D on employment in Europe: a firm-level analysis," Working Papers 2011/20, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Horst Feldmann, 2013. "Technological unemployment in industrial countries," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 1099-1126, November.
- L. Aldieri & C. P. Vinci, 2018.
"Innovation effects on employment in high-tech and low-tech industries: evidence from large international firms within the triad,"
Eurasian Business Review,
Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 8(2), pages 229-243, June.
- Aldieri, Luigi & Vinci, Concetto Paolo, 2017. "Innovation Effects on Employment in High-Tech and Low-Tech industries: Evidence from Large International Firms within the Triad," MPRA Paper 76398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mario Coccia, 2001. "Partnerships Technology Transfer-Based: Theory and Methodology for Analysing the Process," CERIS Working Paper 200109, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Fung, Michael K., 2006. "Are labor-saving technologies lowering employment in the banking industry?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 179-198, January.
- Marisa Cesario & Maria Teresa Noronha Vaz, 2011. "Technological adjustments in textile, clothes and leather industries: an alternative pathway for competitiveness," ERSA conference papers ersa10p85, European Regional Science Association.
- Stefan Lachenmaier & Horst Rottmann, 2006.
"Employment Effects of Innovation at the Firm Level,"
ifo Working Paper Series
27, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Rottmann, Horst & Lachenmaier, Stefan, 2007. "Employment effects of innovation at the firm level," Weidener Diskussionspapiere 3, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Harrison, Rupert & Jaumandreu, Jordi & Mairesse, Jacques & Peters, Bettina, 2014.
"Does innovation stimulate employment? A firm-level analysis using comparable micro-data from four European countries,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 29-43.
- Harrison, Rupert & Jaumandreu Balanzo, Jordi & Mairesse, Jacques & Peters, Bettina, 2008. "Does Innovation Stimulate Employment? A Firm-Level Analysis Using Comparable Micro-Data From Four European Countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-111, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Rupert Harrison & Jordi Jaumandreu & Jacques Mairesse & Bettina Peters, 2008. "Does Innovation Stimulate Employment? A Firm-Level Analysis Using Comparable Micro-Data from Four European Countries," NBER Working Papers 14216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maliranta, Mika, 2001. "Productivity Growth and Micro-level Restructuring. Finnish experiences during the turbulent decades," Discussion Papers 757, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Lachenmaier Stefan & Rottmann Horst, 2007. "Employment Effects of Innovation at the Firm Level," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 227(3), pages 254-272, June.
- Koski, Heli, 2008. "Public R&D Subsidies and Employment Growth - Microeconomic Evidence from Finnish Firms," Discussion Papers 1143, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Jung, Sungmoon & Lee, Jeong-Dong & Hwang, Won-Sik & Yeo, Yeongjun, 2017. "Growth versus equity: A CGE analysis for effects of factor-biased technical progress on economic growth and employment," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 424-438.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2014.
"Technology and employment: the job creation effect of business R&D,"
Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali,
Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 126(3), pages 239-264.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2014. "Technology and employment:The job creation effect of business R&D," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Politica Economica ispe0069, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Marisa Cesário & Maria Teresa de Noronha Vaz, 2012. "Technological adjustments in the textile, clothes and leather industries: an alternative pathway for competitiveness," Chapters,in: Entrepreneurship, Social Capital and Governance, chapter 14, pages 325-357 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Piva, Mariacristina & Vivarelli, Marco, 2011. "R&D and Employment: Some Evidence from European Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 5908, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chih-Hai YANG & Chun-Hung A. LIN, 2008. "Developing Employment Effects Of Innovations: Microeconometric Evidence From Taiwan," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 46(2), pages 109-134.
- Marina Di Giacomo, 2000. "The Employment Effects of Innovation. Evidence from a Sample of Italian Manufacturing Firms," CERIS Working Paper 200009, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Martin Falk, 2012. "Quantile estimates of the impact of R&D intensity on firm performance," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 19-37, July.
- Di Cintio, Marco & Ghosh, Sucharita & Grassi, Emanuele, 2017. "Firm growth, R&D expenditures and exports: An empirical analysis of italian SMEs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 836-852.
More about this item
KeywordsR&D; innovation; job creation; job destruction.;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ssb:dispap:159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (L Maasø) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ssbgvno.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .