Innovation And Job Creation In A Smallopen Economy-Evidence From Norwegian Manufacturing Plants 1982-92
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Tor Jakob Klette & Svein Erik Førre, 1995. "Innovation and Job Creation in a Small Open Economy Evidence from Norwegian Manufacturing Plants 1982-92," Discussion Papers 159, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aldieri, Luigi & Vinci, Concetto Paolo, 2017. "Innovation Effects on Employment in High-Tech and Low-Tech industries: Evidence from Large International Firms within the Triad," MPRA Paper 76398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mario Coccia, 2001. "Partnerships Technology Transfer-Based: Theory and Methodology for Analysing the Process," CERIS Working Paper 200109, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Harrison, Rupert & Jaumandreu, Jordi & Mairesse, Jacques & Peters, Bettina, 2014.
"Does innovation stimulate employment? A firm-level analysis using comparable micro-data from four European countries,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 29-43.
- Harrison, Rupert & Jaumandreu Balanzo, Jordi & Mairesse, Jacques & Peters, Bettina, 2008. "Does Innovation Stimulate Employment? A Firm-Level Analysis Using Comparable Micro-Data From Four European Countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-111, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Rupert Harrison & Jordi Jaumandreu & Jacques Mairesse & Bettina Peters, 2008. "Does Innovation Stimulate Employment? A Firm-Level Analysis Using Comparable Micro-Data from Four European Countries," NBER Working Papers 14216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marina Di Giacomo, 2000. "The Employment Effects of Innovation. Evidence from a Sample of Italian Manufacturing Firms," CERIS Working Paper 200009, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY -NOW- Research Institute on Sustainable Economic Growth - Moncalieri (TO) ITALY.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2014.
"Technology and employment: the job creation effect of business R&D,"
Rivista Internazionale di Scienze Sociali,
Vita e Pensiero, Pubblicazioni dell'Universita' Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, vol. 126(3), pages 239-264.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2014. "Technology and employment:The job creation effect of business R&D," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Politica Economica ispe0069, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Francesco Bogliacino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2011.
"The impact of R&D on employment in Europe: a firm-level analysis,"
2011/20, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Francesco Bogliacino & Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2011. "The impact of R&D on employment in Europe: A firm-level analysis," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1176, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Horst Feldmann, 2013. "Technological unemployment in industrial countries," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 1099-1126, November.
- Fung, Michael K., 2006. "Are labor-saving technologies lowering employment in the banking industry?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 179-198, January.
- Koski, Heli, 2008. "Public R&D Subsidies and Employment Growth - Microeconomic Evidence from Finnish Firms," Discussion Papers 1143, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Chih-Hai YANG & Chun-Hung A. LIN, 2008. "Developing Employment Effects Of Innovations: Microeconometric Evidence From Taiwan," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 46(2), pages 109-134.
- Di Cintio, Marco & Ghosh, Sucharita & Grassi, Emanuele, 2017. "Firm growth, R&D expenditures and exports: An empirical analysis of italian SMEs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 836-852.
- Van Roy, Vincent & Vertesy, Daniel & Vivarelli, Marco, 2015. "Innovation and Employment in Patenting Firms: Empirical Evidence from Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 9147, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maliranta, Mika, 2001. "Productivity Growth and Micro-level Restructuring. Finnish experiences during the turbulent decades," Discussion Papers 757, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Lachenmaier Stefan & Rottmann Horst, 2007. "Employment Effects of Innovation at the Firm Level," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 227(3), pages 254-272, June.
- Marisa Cesário & Maria Teresa de Noronha Vaz, 2012. "Technological adjustments in the textile, clothes and leather industries: an alternative pathway for competitiveness," Chapters,in: Entrepreneurship, Social Capital and Governance, chapter 14, pages 325-357 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Piva, Mariacristina & Vivarelli, Marco, 2011. "R&D and Employment: Some Evidence from European Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 5908, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Martin Falk, 2012. "Quantile estimates of the impact of R&D intensity on firm performance," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 19-37, July.
- Marisa Cesario & Maria Teresa Noronha Vaz, 2011. "Technological adjustments in textile, clothes and leather industries: an alternative pathway for competitiveness," ERSA conference papers ersa10p85, European Regional Science Association.
- Stefan Lachenmaier & Horst Rottmann, 2006.
"Employment Effects of Innovation at the Firm Level,"
ifo Working Paper Series
27, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Rottmann, Horst & Lachenmaier, Stefan, 2007. "Employment effects of innovation at the firm level," Weidener Diskussionspapiere 3, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Jung, Sungmoon & Lee, Jeong-Dong & Hwang, Won-Sik & Yeo, Yeongjun, 2017. "Growth versus equity: A CGE analysis for effects of factor-biased technical progress on economic growth and employment," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 424-438.
More about this item
KeywordsR&D; innovation; job creation; job destruction JEL Classification: E32; J23; J63; O32; O33;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecinnt:v:5:y:1998:i:2-4:p:247-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GEIN20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.