Report on Productivity Trends in Selected Natural Resource Industries in Canada
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Charles & Medoff, James, 1978. "Trade Unions in the Production Process," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 355-378, June.
- Andrews-Speed, Philip & Rogers, Christopher D., 1999. "Mining taxation issues for the future," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 221-227, December.
- Robin Boadway & Neil Bruce & Ken McKenzie & Jack Mintz, 1987. "Marginal Effective Tax Rates for Capital in the Canadian Mining Industry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 20(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Brian Chezum & John Garen, 1998. "Are union productivity effects overestimated?: evidence from coal mining," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(7), pages 913-918.
- Paul M. Romer, 1987. "Crazy Explanations for the Productivity Slowdown," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1987, Volume 2, pages 163-210 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boyd, Gale A, 1987. "Factor Intensity and Site Geology as Determinants of Returns to Scalein Coal Mining," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 18-23, February.
- Asafu-Adjaye, J. & Mahadevan, R., 2003. "How cost efficient are Australia's mining industries?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 315-329, July.
- Kulshreshtha, Mudit & Parikh, Jyoti K., 2002. "Study of efficiency and productivity growth in opencast and underground coal mining in India: a DEA analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 439-453, September.
- Kissell, Fred N, 2000. "Insights on Technology Transfer from the Bureau of Mines," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 5-8, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeremy Smith, 2004. "Productivity Trends in the Gold Mining Industry in Canada," CSLS Research Reports 2004-08, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Someshwar Rao & Andrew Sharpe & Jeremy Smith, 2005. "An Analysis of the Labour Productivity Growth Slowdown in Canada since 2000," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 10, pages 3-23, Spring.
More about this item
KeywordsForestry; Mining; Electricity; Oil and Gas; Oil; Gas; Paper Products; Wood Products; Coal Mining; Gold Mining; Diamond Mining; Forest Products; Earth Sciences; Geomatics; Productivity; Human Capital; Capital Intensity; Natural Resources; Exploration;
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
- L72 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Other Nonrenewable Resources
- L73 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Forest Products
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O51 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - U.S.; Canada
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2004-12-20 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2004-12-20 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2004-12-20 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:resrep:0406. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CSLS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cslssca.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .