Does Government Support for Private Innovation Matter? Firm Level Evidence from Turkey and Poland
Mediterranean and EU member countries consider enhancing innovation and R&D an important policy objective. In order to improve economic competitiveness and increase their citizens’ welfare, these countries have been formulating and implementing innovation policies. In recent years, the volume of resources allocated to such policies has considerably increased and the number of instruments used in this framework has widened. Nevertheless, a relatively limited number of studies have been conducted to assess the effectiveness of innovation policies in these countries and formulate proposals for those aspects of policies that are in contradiction with the aims.Creation-Date: 2012-09
|Date of creation:||Aug 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +48 22 206 29 00
Fax: +48 22 206 29 01
Web page: http://www.case-research.eu/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Malwina Mejer & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2008.
"The London Agreement and the Cost of Patenting in Europe,"
Working Papers ECARES
2008_032, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mejer, Malwina & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno, 2008. "The London Agreement and the Cost of Patenting in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 7033, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno van Pottelsberghe, 2008. "The London Agreement and the cost of patenting in Europe," Working Papers 264, Bruegel.
- Pierre Mohnen & Boris Lokshin, 2009.
"What Does it Take for an R&D Tax Incentive Policy to Be Effective?,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Mohnen, Pierre & Lokshin, Boris, 2009. "What does it take for an R&D tax incentive policy to be effective?," MERIT Working Papers 014, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Pierre Mohnen & Boris Lokshin, 2009. "What does it take for and R&D tax incentive policy to be effective?," Working Papers 2009/9, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- González, Xulia & Pazó, Consuelo, 2008.
"Do public subsidies stimulate private R&D spending?,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 371-389, April.
- Xulia González & Consuelo Pazó, 2005. "Do public subsidies stimulate private R&D spending?," Working Papers 0601, Universidade de Vigo, Departamento de Economía Aplicada.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Coco, Alberto, 2004.
"A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo),"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 629-654, April.
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," CEIS Research Paper 44, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," SPRU Working Paper Series 111, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Lööf, Hans & Heshmati, Almas, 2004. "The Impact of Public Funding on Private R&D investment: New Evidence from a Firm Level Innovation Study," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 6, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies, revised 01 Mar 2005.
- Giovanni Cerulli & Bianca Poti', 2008. "Evaluating the Effect of Public Subsidies on firm R&D activity: an Application to Italy Using the Community Innovation Survey," CERIS Working Paper 200809, Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO).
- Archibugi, Daniele & Coco, Alberto, 2005. "Measuring technological capabilities at the country level: A survey and a menu for choice," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 175-194, March.
- Aerts, Kris & Schmidt, Tobias, 2008. "Two for the price of one?: Additionality effects of R&D subsidies: A comparison between Flanders and Germany," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 806-822, June.
- Pierre Mohnen & Pierre Therrien, 2002. "Comparing the Innovation Performance of Canadian Firms and those of Selected European Countries: An Econometric Analysis," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-80, CIRANO.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2008.
"The technology clubs: the distribution of knowledge across nations,"
27597, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Castellacci, Fulvio & Archibugi, Daniele, 2008. "The technology clubs: The distribution of knowledge across nations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1659-1673, December.
- João Alberto De Negri & Mauro Borges Lemos & Fernanda De Negri, 2006.
"Impact of P&D Incentive Program on the Performance and Technological Efforts of Brazilian Industrial Firms,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
24578, Inter-American Development Bank.
- João Alberto De Negri & Mauro Borges Lemos & Fernanda De Negri, 2006. "Impact of P&D Incentive Program on the Performance and Technological Efforts of Brazilian Industrial Firms," OVE Working Papers 1406, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- David M. Levy & Nestor E. Terleckyj, 1983. "Effects of Government R&D on Private R&D Investment and Productivity: A Macroeconomic Analysis," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 14(2), pages 551-561, Autumn.
- Metcalfe, J S, 1995. "Technology Systems and Technology Policy in an Evolutionary Framework," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 25-46, February.
- Metcalfe, J S, 1994. "Evolutionary Economics and Technology Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(425), pages 931-44, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sec:ebrief:0113. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Agata Kwiek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.