Is poor household saving the cause of New Zealand's high current account deficit?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bryce Wilkinson & Trinh Le, 2008. "Is poor household saving the cause of New Zealand's high current account deficit?," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22024, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Anella Munro & Rishab Sethi, 2007. "Understanding the New Zealand current account: A structural approach," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2007/10, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Sebastian Edwards, 2006. "External Imbalances in an Advanced, Commodity-Exporting Country: The Case of New Zealand," NBER Working Papers 12620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan Bollard, 2005. "Imbalances in the New Zealand Economy," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 68, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anthony Makin & Wei Zhang & Grant Scobie, 2009.
"The contribution of foreign borrowing to the New Zealand economy,"
New Zealand Economic Papers,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 263-278.
- Anthony Makin & Wei Zhang & Grant Scobie, 2008. "The Contribution of Foreign Borrowing to the New Zealand Economy," Treasury Working Paper Series 08/03, New Zealand Treasury.
- Grant M. Scobie & Katherine Henderson, 2009. "Saving Rates of New Zealanders: A Net Wealth Approach," Treasury Working Paper Series 09/04, New Zealand Treasury.
More about this item
Keywordsbalance of payments; household savings rate; deficit; New Zealand;
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:nzierw:2008_001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Spring). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nziernz.html .