An Exploratory Economic Analysis of Underground Pumped-Storage Hydro Power Plants in Abandoned Coal Mines
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Javier Menéndez & Jesús M. Fernández-Oro & Mónica Galdo & Jorge Loredo, 2020. "Transient Simulation of Underground Pumped Storage Hydropower Plants Operating in Pumping Mode," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(7), pages 1-17, April.
- Rohlfs, Wilko & Madlener, Reinhard, 2013. "Challenges in the Evaluation of Ultra-Long-Lived Projects: Risk Premia for Projects with Eternal Returns or Costs," FCN Working Papers 13/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Menéndez, Javier & Ordóñez, Almudena & Álvarez, Rodrigo & Loredo, Jorge, 2019. "Energy from closed mines: Underground energy storage and geothermal applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 498-512.
- Pujades, Estanislao & Orban, Philippe & Bodeux, Sarah & Archambeau, Pierre & Erpicum, Sébastien & Dassargues, Alain, 2017. "Underground pumped storage hydropower plants using open pit mines: How do groundwater exchanges influence the efficiency?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 190(C), pages 135-146.
- Menéndez, Javier & Loredo, Jorge & Galdo, Mónica & Fernández-Oro, Jesús M., 2019. "Energy storage in underground coal mines in NW Spain: Assessment of an underground lower water reservoir and preliminary energy balance," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 1381-1391.
- Anael Labigne & Olga N. Kononykhina & Irina V. Mersianova, 2015. "In Search Of Critical Capacity: Exploring Attitudes Of NPO Leaders In Russia," HSE Working papers WP BRP 59/SOC/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Harmsen - van Hout, Marjolein & Ghosh, Gaurav & Madlener, Reinhard, 2013. "The Impact of Green Framing on Consumers’ Valuations of Energy-Saving Measures," FCN Working Papers 7/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Harmsen - van Hout, Marjolein & Ghosh, Gaurav & Madlener, Reinhard, 2013. "An Evaluation of Attribute Anchoring Bias in a Choice Experimental Setting," FCN Working Papers 6/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Menéndez, Javier & Fernández-Oro, Jesús M. & Galdo, Mónica & Loredo, Jorge, 2019. "Pumped-storage hydropower plants with underground reservoir: Influence of air pressure on the efficiency of the Francis turbine and energy production," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 1427-1438.
More about this item
KeywordsHydro power; pumped storage; coal mining; reservoir engineering; massive energy storage;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2013-11-16 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:fcnwpa:2013_002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Hendrik Schmitz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fceonde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.