The renewable energy targets of the Maghreb countries: Impact on electricity supply and conventional power markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Saeideh Fallah-Fini & Konstantinos Triantis & Andrew Johnson, 2014. "Reviewing the literature on non-parametric dynamic efficiency measurement: state-of-the-art," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 51-67, February.
- Joskow Paul L., 2008. "Incentive Regulation and Its Application to Electricity Networks," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(4), pages 1-14, December.
- Lewis Evans & Graeme Guthrie, 2012. "Price-cap regulation and the scale and timing of investment," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 43(3), pages 537-561, September.
- Hayne E. Leland, 1974.
"Regulation of Natural Monopolies and the Fair Rate of Return,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 5(1), pages 3-15, Spring.
- Hayne E. Leland, 1973. "Regulation of Natural Monopolies and the Fair Rate of Return," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 362, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Thomas Nagel & Margarethe Rammerstorfer, 2009. "Modeling investment behavior under price cap regulation," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 17(2), pages 111-129, June.
- Jiro Nemoto & Mika Goto, 2003. "Measurement of Dynamic Efficiency in Production: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Japanese Electric Utilities," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 191-210, April.
- P. Nillesen & M. Pollitt, 2010.
"Using Regulatory Benchmarking Techniques to Set Company Performance Targets: The Case of Us Electricity,"
Competition and Regulation in Network Industries,
Intersentia, vol. 11(1), pages 50-85, March.
- Nillesen, P. & Pollitt, M.G., 2008. "Using regulatory benchmarking techniques to set company performance targets: the case of US electricity," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0834, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Elvira Silva & Spiro Stefanou, 2003. "Nonparametric Dynamic Production Analysis and the Theory of Cost," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 5-32, January.
- Guthrie, Graeme, 2006. "Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment," Working Paper Series 3851, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Ingo Vogelsang, 2012.
"Incentive Regulation, Investments and Technological Change,"
Chapters,in: Regulation and the Performance of Communication and Information Networks, chapter 4
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ingo Vogelsang, 2010. "Incentive Regulation, Investments and Technological Change," CESifo Working Paper Series 2964, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nemoto, Jiro & Goto, Mika, 1999. "Dynamic data envelopment analysis: modeling intertemporal behavior of a firm in the presence of productive inefficiencies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 51-56, July.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2007.
"Incentive regulation of electricity distribution networks: Lessons of experience from Britain,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6163-6187, December.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2007. "Incentive Regulation of Electricity Distribution Networks: Lessons of Experience from Britain," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0709, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Roques, Fabien A. & Savva, Nicos, 2009. "Investment under uncertainty with price ceilings in oligopolies," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 507-524, February.
- Thomas P. Lyon & John W. Mayo, 2005. "Regulatory Opportunism and Investment Behavior: Evidence from the U.S. Electric Utility Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(3), pages 628-644, Autumn.
- Andrei Shleifer, 1985. "A Theory of Yardstick Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 319-327, Autumn.
- Ian M. Dobbs, 2004. "Intertemporal price cap regulation under uncertainty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(495), pages 421-440, April.
- Gary Biglaiser & Michael Riordan, 2000. "Dynamics of Price Regulation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(4), pages 744-767, Winter.
- Graeme Guthrie, 2006. "Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 44(4), pages 925-972, December.
- Sengupta, Jati K., 1999. "A dynamic efficiency model using data envelopment analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 209-218, September.
- David Besanko & Daniel F. Spulber, 1992. "Sequential-Equilibrium Investment by Regulated Firms," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 23(2), pages 153-170, Summer.
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2000. "Benchmarking and regulation: international electricity experience," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 107-130, September.
- Carlo Cambini & Laura Rondi, 2010. "Incentive regulation and investment: evidence from European energy utilities," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 1-26, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kim, Dong Wook & Chang, Hyun Joon, 2012. "Experience curve analysis on South Korean nuclear technology and comparative analysis with South Korean renewable technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 361-373.
- Choi, Dong Gu & Thomas, Valerie M., 2012. "An electricity generation planning model incorporating demand response," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 429-441.
- Brand, Bernhard & Boudghene Stambouli, Amine & Zejli, Driss, 2012. "The value of dispatchability of CSP plants in the electricity systems of Morocco and Algeria," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 321-331.
- Breitschopf, Barbara, 2015. "Policy mix and the impact on PV technologies and industry: The challenge - how to make policies quantifiable?," Working Papers "Sustainability and Innovation" S6/2015, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Brand, Bernhard, 2013. "Transmission topologies for the integration of renewable power into the electricity systems of North Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 155-166.
More about this item
KeywordsNorth Africa; Renewable energy sources; Electricity markets;
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-07-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-07-24 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-ENE-2010-07-24 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2010-07-24 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:ewikln:2010_002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Williams). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ewikode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.