The relative effectiveness of private and government schools in Rural India: Evidence from ASER data
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fredrick M. Wamalwa & Justine Burns, 2017.
"Private Schools and Student Learning Achievements in Kenya,"
SALDRU Working Papers
202, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Fredrick M. Wamalwa & Justine Burns, 2017. "Private Schools and Student Learning Achievements in Kenya," Working Papers 689, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Pal, Sarmistha & Kingdon, Geeta G., 2010.
"Can Private School Growth Foster Universal Literacy? Panel Evidence from Indian Districts,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5274, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Geeta Gandhi Kingdon & Sarmishtha Pal, 2016. "Can Private School Growth Foster Universal Literacy? Panel Evidence from Indian Districts," Working Papers id:8420, eSocialSciences.
- repec:eee:injoed:v:56:y:2017:i:c:p:42-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Monojit Chatterji & Sushil Mohan & Sayantan Ghosh Dastidar, 2015.
"Determinants of public education expenditure: evidence from Indian states,"
International Journal of Education Economics and Development,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 1-19.
- Monojit Chatterji & Sushil Mohan & Sayantan Ghosh Dastidar, 2014. "Determinants of public education expenditure: Evidence from Indian states," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 280, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Chatterji, Monojit & Mohan, Sushil & Dastidar, Sayantan Ghosh, 2014. "Determinants of public education expenditure: Evidence from Indian states," SIRE Discussion Papers 2014-018, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Barrera-Osorio,Felipe & Blakeslee,David S. & Hoover,Matthew & Linden,Leigh & Raju,Dhushyanth & Ryan,Stephen P., 2017.
"Delivering education to the underserved through a public-private partnership program in Pakistan,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
8177, The World Bank.
- Felipe Barrera-Osorio & David S. Blakeslee & Matthew Hoover & Leigh Linden & Dhushyanth Raju & Stephen P. Ryan, 2017. "Delivering Education to the Underserved Through a Public-Private Partnership Program in Pakistan," NBER Working Papers 23870, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Singh, Abhijeet, 2015. "Private school effects in urban and rural India: Panel estimates at primary and secondary school ages," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 16-32.
- Marine De Talance, 2017. "Quality Perceptions and School Choice in Rural Pakistan," Working Papers hal-01663029, HAL.
- Dahal,Mahesh & Nguyen,Quynh T., 2014. "Private non-state sector engagement in the provision of educational services at the primary and secondary levels in South Asia : an analytical review of its role in school enrollment and student achie," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6899, The World Bank.
- Ghosh Dastidar, Sayantan & Chatterji, Monojit, 2015. "Public expenditure in different education sectors and economic growth: The Indian experience," MPRA Paper 66903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marine De Talance, 2017. "Wealth Inequalities in Perceptions of School Quality in Pakistan," Working Papers hal-01662698, HAL.
- Pauline Dixon, 2012. "Why the Denial? Low-Cost Private Schools in Developing Countries and Their Contributions to Education," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 9(3), pages 186-209, September.
- Marine de Talancé, 2016. "Wealth inequalities in perceptions of school quality in Pakistan," Working Papers DT/2016/14, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Marine de Talancé, 2016. "Quality perceptions and school choice in rural Pakistan," Working Papers DT/2016/15, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Geeta Gandhi Kingdon, 2017.
"The private schooling phenomenon in India: A review,"
DoQSS Working Papers
17-06, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Kingdon, Geeta G., 2017. "The Private Schooling Phenomenon in India: A Review," IZA Discussion Papers 10612, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Geeta G. Kingdon, 2017. "The private schooling phenomenon in India: A review," CSAE Working Paper Series 2017-04, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Pauline Dixon, 2013. "International Aid and Private Schools for the Poor," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15122, November.
- Chris Sakellariou, 2016. "The “true” private school effect across countries using PISA-2012 Mathematics," Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series 1605, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Andrzej Kwiatkowski, 2013. "Education investment effects of affirmative action policy. Contest game argument," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 279, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Kelly, Orla & Krishna, Aditi & Bhabha, Jacqueline, 2016. "Private schooling and gender justice: An empirical snapshot from Rajasthan, India's largest state," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 175-187.
- Servaas van der Berg & Chris van Wyk & Ronelle Burger & Janeli Kotzé & Marlies Piek & Kate Rich, 2017. "The performance of low fee independent schools in South Africa - What can available data tell?," Working Papers 01/2017, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsStudent achievement; private and public schooling; India;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-03-13 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EDU-2010-03-13 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2010-03-13 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-03-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qss:dqsswp:1003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bilal Nasim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dqioeuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.