The Portability of New Immigrants' Human Capital: Language, Education and Occupational Matching
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Goldmann, Gustave & Sweetman, Arthur & Warman, Casey, 2011. "The Portability of New ImmigrantsŠ Human Capital: Language, Education and Occupational Matching," Queen's Economics Department Working Papers 273919, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- Goldmann, Gustave & Sweetman, Arthur & Warman, Casey, 2011. "The Portability of New Immigrants' Human Capital: Language, Education and Occupational Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 5851, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Protte, Benjamin, 2012. "How does Economic Integration Change Personal Income Taxation? Evidence from a new Index of Potential Labor Mobility," Working Papers 12-20, University of Mannheim, Department of Economics.
- Michel Grignon & Yaw Owusu & Arthur Sweetman, 2013.
"The international migration of health professionals,"
Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Migration, chapter 4, pages 75-97
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Grignon, Michel & Owusu, Yaw & Sweetman, Arthur, 2012. "The International Migration of Health Professionals," IZA Discussion Papers 6517, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Warman, Casey & Worswick, Christopher, 2014. "Technological Change and Declining Immigrant Outcomes, Implications for Income Inequality in Canada," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2014-51, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Nov 2014.
- Dell’Aringa, Carlo & Lucifora, Claudio & Pagani, Laura, 2012. "A "Glass-Ceiling" Effect for Immigrants in the Italian Labour Market?," IZA Discussion Papers 6555, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Susumu Imai & Derek Stacey & Casey Warman, 2014.
"From Engineer to Taxi Driver? Language Proficiency and the Occupational Skills of Immigrants,"
Working Paper Series
18, Economics Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Susumu Imai & Derek Stacey & Casey Warman, 2014. "From Engineer to Taxi Driver? Language Proficiency and the Occupational Skills of Immigrants," Working Papers 040, Ryerson University, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2018.
- Casey Warman & Christopher Worswick, 2015.
"Technological change, occupational tasks and declining immigrant outcomes: Implications for earnings and income inequality in Canada,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(2), pages 736-772, May.
- Casey Warman & Christopher Worswick, 2015. "Technological Change, Occupational Tasks and Declining Immigrant Outcomes: Implications for Earnings and Income Inequality in Canada," NBER Working Papers 21307, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arthur Sweetman & Casey Warman, 2013. "Canada's Immigration Selection System and Labour Market Outcomes," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 39(s1), pages 141-160, May.
- Carlo Dell’Aringa & Claudio Lucifora & Laura Pagani, 2015. "Earnings differentials between immigrants and natives: the role of occupational attainment," IZA Journal of Migration and Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Susumu Imai & Derek Stacey & Casey Warman, 2011. "From Engineer to Taxi Driver? Occupational Skills and the Economic Outcomes of Immigrants," Working Papers 1275, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsImmigration; human capital portability; occupation; education; language;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2011-07-02 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2011-07-02 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2011-07-02 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2011-07-02 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-MIG-2011-07-02 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:qed:wpaper:1271. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Babcock). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qedquca.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .