Energy Efficiency of Selected OECD Countries: A Slacks Based Model with Undesirable Outputs
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Apergis, Nicholas & Aye, Goodness C. & Barros, Carlos Pestana & Gupta, Rangan & Wanke, Peter, 2015. "Energy efficiency of selected OECD countries: A slacks based model with undesirable outputs," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 45-53.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Tzu-Pu & Hu, Jin-Li, 2010. "Total-factor energy productivity growth, technical progress, and efficiency change: An empirical study of China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(10), pages 3262-3270, October.
- Sabuj Kumar Mandal & S Madheswaran, 2009. "Measuring Energy Use Efficiency in Presence of Undesirable Output: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) to Indian Cement Industry," Working Papers 235, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Wang, Ke & Lu, Bin & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2013.
"China’s regional energy and environmental efficiency: A Range-Adjusted Measure based analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1403-1415.
- Ke Wang & Bin Lu & Yi-Ming Wei, 2014. "China's regional energy and environmental efficiency: A Range-Adjusted Measure based analysis," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 61, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Ramanathan, R., 2000. "A holistic approach to compare energy efficiencies of different transport modes," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 743-747, September.
- Honma, Satoshi & Hu, Jin-Li, 2009. "Total-factor energy productivity growth of regions in Japan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3941-3950, October.
- Hadfield, Jarrod D., 2010. "MCMC Methods for Multi-Response Generalized Linear Mixed Models: The MCMCglmm R Package," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 33(i02).
- Zhou, P. & Ang, B.W., 2008. "Linear programming models for measuring economy-wide energy efficiency performance," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2901-2906, August.
- Boyd, Gale A. & Pang, Joseph X., 2000. "Estimating the linkage between energy efficiency and productivity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 289-296, May.
- Xie, Bai-Chen & Shang, Li-Feng & Yang, Si-Bo & Yi, Bo-Wen, 2014. "Dynamic environmental efficiency evaluation of electric power industries: Evidence from OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development) and BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) countrie," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 147-157.
- Khoshnevisan, Benyamin & Rafiee, Shahin & Omid, Mahmoud & Mousazadeh, Hossein, 2013. "Applying data envelopment analysis approach to improve energy efficiency and reduce GHG (greenhouse gas) emission of wheat production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 588-593.
- Gielen, Dolf & Taylor, Peter, 2009. "Indicators for industrial energy efficiency in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 962-969.
- Honma, Satoshi & Hu, Jin-Li, 2008. "Total-factor energy efficiency of regions in Japan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 821-833, February.
- Mukherjee, Kankana, 2008. "Energy use efficiency in U.S. manufacturing: A nonparametric analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 76-96, January.
- Ang, B.W., 2006. "Monitoring changes in economy-wide energy efficiency: From energy-GDP ratio to composite efficiency index," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 574-582, March.
- Balachandra, P. & Ravindranath, Darshini & Ravindranath, N.H., 2010. "Energy efficiency in India: Assessing the policy regimes and their impacts," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6428-6438, November.
- Iribarren, Diego & Vázquez-Rowe, Ian & Rugani, Benedetto & Benetto, Enrico, 2014. "On the feasibility of using emergy analysis as a source of benchmarking criteria through data envelopment analysis: A case study for wind energy," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 527-537.
- Mukherjee, Kankana, 2008. "Energy use efficiency in the Indian manufacturing sector: An interstate analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 662-672, February.
- Zhang, Xing-Ping & Cheng, Xiao-Mei & Yuan, Jia-Hai & Gao, Xiao-Jun, 2011. "Total-factor energy efficiency in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 644-650, February.
- Song, Ma-Lin & Zhang, Lin-Ling & Liu, Wei & Fisher, Ron, 2013. "Bootstrap-DEA analysis of BRICS’ energy efficiency based on small sample data," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1049-1055.
- Peter Grösche, 2009.
"Measuring residential energy efficiency improvements with DEA,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 87-94, April.
- Grösche, Peter, 2008. "Measuring Residential Energy Efficiency Improvements with DEA," Ruhr Economic Papers 60, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Azadeh, A. & Amalnick, M.S. & Ghaderi, S.F. & Asadzadeh, S.M., 2007. "An integrated DEA PCA numerical taxonomy approach for energy efficiency assessment and consumption optimization in energy intensive manufacturing sectors," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3792-3806, July.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Wang, Shih-Chuan, 2006. "Total-factor energy efficiency of regions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(17), pages 3206-3217, November.
- Ramanathan, Ramakrishnan, 2005. "An analysis of energy consumption and carbon dioxide emissions in countries of the Middle East and North Africa," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(15), pages 2831-2842.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Kao, Chih-Hung, 2007. "Efficient energy-saving targets for APEC economies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 373-382, January.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1989. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons When Some Outputs Are Undesirable: A Nonparametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 90-98, February.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Zhu, Joe, 2002. "Modeling undesirable factors in efficiency evaluation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 16-20, October.
- Mukherjee, Kankana, 2010. "Measuring energy efficiency in the context of an emerging economy: The case of indian manufacturing," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 201(3), pages 933-941, March.
- Wei, Yi-Ming & Liao, Hua & Fan, Ying, 2007. "An empirical analysis of energy efficiency in China's iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2262-2270.
- Scheel, Holger, 2001. "Undesirable outputs in efficiency valuations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 132(2), pages 400-410, July.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy; OECD; SBM-Undesitable; Two-stage GLMM-MCMC;
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pre:wpaper:201477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rangan Gupta). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decupza.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.